7 string pick ups

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximus1

Reaction score
whats evreybody using for the bridge in your seven strings, i just got mine back out of the garage , tuned it to a and wired up an emg 707, pretty badass so far, just wondering what other people are using for the bridge, thinking of swapping out the 707 for something else, never liked the 85 and since the 707 is based off this which i can hear in the low end, i was thinking of something different

My Ibanez S7320 is waiting for me to transplant a Dimarzio EVO7 in it. I love passive pups but all i use is EMG's in my 6's so its awesome to have something different.

I'm going to buy a ESP SC607B that has 707's

I had a hellraiser 7 that had 707's but i didnt like it.

evolution huh, i ve heard its killer but i never liked passives in a 6 string so when i started playin the 7 i just figured i stay emg, i tried an x2n, it sucked bad. 707 is good but it almost sounds like i'm playin both pick ups at the same time, kinda loose bass style. whats a blaze sound like?

I considered the Blaze when choosing my pickups. I understand that they're quite scooped, where the Evo actually has a little bump in the mids. Check the Dimarzio site for a comparison.

From what I understand, X2Ns (and the other super high output passives) are terrible. I think the Evo gets it right for a passive.

Waste01 said:
No idea about the D-Activators. From my understanding, most go for the Blaze or Evos.
The D-Activators get a LOT of praise, especially on low-tuned guitars and 7'strings. The X model, however... is just okay =/ *points to sig* I'll be going for an Air Zone or something else for my current guitar when I get the money, as I'm unable to take advantage of their 30 day guarantee.

And I've heard that some people who don't care for the 707 in some guitars have switched to the 81-7 and had excellent results. I think the 707 tries to pump more bass into the tone, when in fact the very nature of the 7th string adds more than enough, especially in mahogany guitars, but where the 81-7 has more highs like the 6 string version, it balances out a lot better.

Hahhaa.. I dislike actives, so all my guitars have passives. I tend more toward prog rock/old school metal (Priest, Maiden, etc). In basswood, alder I love my Evo7's. I have one slightly underwound that is in my ESP 7, simply sings. In Mahogany, PAF7 or the Evo7.

Try here too: http://www.sevenstring.org/

the d activator 7 is really nice...rich in output and harmonics like an active, and super quiet, but passive.

im actually trying to get a Bareknuckle Ceramic Warpig, or miracle Man.

i say go with the SD Blackouts. my schecter has the duncan designed hb-105's which is basically the same thing as the blackouts. cleans are decent but the high gain is incredible

I'm running Tone Zone's in both of my 7's. My biggest recommendation is if you found something your happy with in your 6, then find the closest thing for your 7. I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with the TZ's, but they do smoke the factories in both my Ibanez 6's, including my Prestige.

If that's what your looking for then great, but I want balance.

My biggest problem is the drastic tone changes when I change my guitar with the difference between my 760 and 1570 being the worst. I just have to find the time to swap em out with something else. I just can't decide on what to use. I don't think I want to go active. I like the simplicity of passive. But a 18v modded EMG sounds sweet though!

I have 707's in my LTD M-307........I'm going to be switching the bridge out to an 81 soon......707 is just not agressive/tight enough for me. I do use the 81 in my B-tuned 6.......I'm going with a Bareknuckle painkiller for my next mahogany axe.....