about your mods salvation.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintkilz

Reaction score
are you redoing entire boards for stuff like your deadplate and the CAE module?

i could of swore i seen pic where you had a module with NOTHING on the board, and assumed you start from the ground up..

just curious.

paintkilz said:
are you redoing entire boards for stuff like your deadplate and the CAE module?

i could of swore i seen pic where you had a module with NOTHING on the board, and assumed you start from the ground up..

just curious.

Hi,

yes, I redoing boards more or less, according to needs of curcuit I build.
Generally I replace almost all components in signal path for better materials and exact tolerances. It depends on curcuit and I use the same materials (resistor, capacitors) which original artwork ampbuilder uses. For Custom 3 I use red wima caps and silver mica caps.
Here is a pic how I usually start, generally I remove 3 more resistors than on a pic and led diode.
Anthony/SALVATION

starting_mod.JPG

I've been meaning to ask someone...for a supposed "all tube circuit" whats with the 3 solid state IC chipes located on all the modules? and in the amp heads?

just sayin

I believe they are optical switches for the channel switching circuit...but I could be wrong :D

electricevil said:
I've been meaning to ask someone...for a supposed "all tube circuit" whats with the 3 solid state IC chipes located on all the modules? and in the amp heads?

just sayin

These are H11F1 PHOTO FET OPTOCOUPLERS used for switching.
One switches input, one utput, and one mutes unused module when the module is disabled .
Good option for switching, some Egnaters uses small relays for that.

Anthony
SALVATION