All revved up...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightdare

Reaction score
...with no place to go :D

Well, after M0jo's tip about an RT2/50 for cheap around my parts, decided to bite the bullet and ordered one, having to put another chunk of money into a cab (though cheaped out on that and bought a budget cab /w V30's)

So coming week I'll have 50 watts of tube goodness flapping my pants without any reason to have

I'm not in a band situation, but when looking at prices of poweramps, even a marshall 20/20 (the cheapest around here) goes for roughly ?750 new
and 2nd hand you pay 3-5 bills for something perhaps 20 years old

So getting a new RT2/50 for ?600 delivered to my doorstep was too good to pass up

...perhaps it would be a good time to start to learn to play guitar now

:lol:

That's awesome man!
The RT sounds good at low levels as well, so it's not even that ridiculous.

What were you using untill now for amplification?

been using various cab sims over time into a digital recorder, just playing over my Hifi set

been a pretty decent solution so far, apart from having to suck out a lot of low end to prevent boominess

Well, after some time trying it out, it sure does sound very good at relatively low volume

What I have noticed is the lack of (emulated) speaker distortion found in the various ampsims I've used
I now have somewhat more/different control over low(er) gain tones
where diminishing the gain or guitar volume cleans up better

Now to get a few different output tubes and perhaps a set of yellowjackets
to see what else tickles my fancy apart from the 6L6/EL34 currently installed