amp problem! i hope someone knows what's wrong...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i recently developed a problem with the amp. when i switch from STANDBY to PLAY, the fuse in the cord socket blows. but when the amp is just in standby, the thing will stay on forever w/o blowing anything. i have no idea why. i tried replacing the cord w/ a new one but that wasn't the problem. tube failure lights do not come on and their fuses are fine. tubes glow and work. local shop suggested the switch is faulty. i bought the amp brand new almost four months ago.

SOMEONE HELP ME!!! I DONT WANNA SEND IT AWAY AND HAVE TO WAIT MONTHS TO GET IT BACK!!

but seriously...i love this amp...

pull *all* the power tubes, turn it on, hit the standby switch... if it still blows the fuse, then your amp is going to take a trip to get fixed.

If it doesn't, then put two tubes back in it (inside or outside pair) repeat, see if it blows tubes. if it does, then it's one of those tubes. If it doesn't, then those tubes are good and one of the untested tubes are bad.

Pete

Right. If the power tubes check functional then remove all the modules. Power the amp on and try standby to play again. If the fuse blows yet again then remove the preamp tubes in the amp and repeat. The problem is a short somewhere from the B+ power circuit.

Let us know what happens.

it's somethin on the circuit board that's blown. looks like a blue wire coming from one of the transformers :(. i did the testing like yall suggested first tho.
this is prolly gonna be a costly fix