• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

~~ Angel (Engl)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
Decided to keep

Salvation's Cranky Angel
White Faceplate, white light
DSC01290.jpg

2way toggles include: Balls (lo-Bass), Tight (lo-cut), Gain, Contour (mids), edge (hi mids)

This module rules for clear and articulate brutal gain; toggles can provide many other sounds too.

$449 obo shipped & paypal in CONUS

100% everywhere under the same name, including countless deals here:
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=7387&start=15

crankyrayhanky said:
Cranky Angel
White Faceplate, white light
DSC01290.jpg

2way toggles include: Balls (lo-Bass), Tight (lo-cut), Gain, Contour (mids), edge (hi mids)

This module rules for clear and articulate brutal gain; toggles can provide many other sounds too.

$449 obo shipped & paypal in CONUS

100% everywhere under the same name, including countless deals here:
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=7387&start=15

:shock:

opposite ends of the hi gain spectrum imo
S1S0 is a thicker tone, works well for my sloppy lead technique
Angel does not hide technique imperfections, very articulate for hi gain, super tight, huge clarity.

Of course you can flip some toggles on each and find a bit of overlap, but in general that's how I see them

crankyrayhanky said:
opposite ends of the hi gain spectrum imo
S1S0 is a thicker tone, works well for my sloppy lead technique
Angel does not hide technique imperfections, very articulate for hi gain, super tight, huge clarity.

Of course you can flip some toggles on each and find a bit of overlap, but in general that's how I see them

I dont know if this is the Angel B or not,or if there is alot of diiference btween the Angel and the B...but I had a B and the S1SO at the same time...actually rehearsed a few times with both of them in a slot next to each other and would say that the Angel is definately tighter and more articulate..much like the 2 amps would be side to side I would assume...you can get a similar tone out of them both,but the angel will be more defined/clearer..but the Angel will not get as "dirty" as the S1SO......both cool modules in their own respects though...only traded the Angel to get a Mashaldno and it will do all that the Angel will and what the Angel will not,so a good trade to me...wouldnt mind having another Angel at some point if I get tired of what I have now....with all of teh option this one has,it is one of the pricier mods as well.....

crankyrayhanky said:
Angel B signifies "Balls" which yes is on this one.

Read the Salvation Description and the Angel is based of that of teh Fireball,E530,and Savage.....The "B" is based off the powerball......Im sure they are similar though......Mine had all of the available options and the noise gate,which was very sweet......