Another RM20 Clip. Drop A. UltraXL and Impulses

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixerx

Reaction score
Little too much top end and I eff'd up the stereo image on the main riff cause im new to Reaper.

Anyway:
http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=id&value=3559

Not bad. I don?t think that is too much top end, for lower tunings is necessary to not be muddy. And next time better stereo image, and will be good.

I actually think it's too high-middy, but then, I like too much mids of any kind, so it's cool :p

Sounds awesome! Work on that stereo field, though! Make sure you tweak the amp a bit different on one side to help broaden it :)

Shinozoku said:
I actually think it's too high-middy, but then, I like too much mids of any kind, so it's cool :p

Sounds awesome! Work on that stereo field, though! Make sure you tweak the amp a bit different on one side to help broaden it :)

Yea. I agree.. I didn't have a lot of time to tweak the knobs...a lot. I was more focused on the riffs and getting them right.

Interesting for me is that I got a broader stereo image when I retracked the 2nd and 4th riffs in the song rather than using the same take split choosing a different cab and mic for each side . I though that maybe I could get quite similar results but I guess not. If you listen to it again you'll notice. Of course this fortifies what your staying about "broadening" the image as I used the XTC module and different cab / EQ settings.

Oh well.

Sorry for the babble... im getting Married tomorrow and I guess the prep work is catching up :)

Congrats, man! Wear foot warmers so you don't get cold feet ;)

And I think the clip did sound better towards the end, I'll have to check it out again with headphones. Since you're reamping, talk to this guy from Ultimate-guitar. He likes to reamp when he records his ENGL Blackmore.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Mark+G/

He's got quite a bit of experience with it and is finally finding his sound with the technique. Maybe he can give you a few pointers :)

I reamp all the time. Why? because if you got the wrong sound on the track from the amp you gotta do a retake, even if you nailed the riff and solo. If you're set up for reamping. You can do trial and error on the settings until the cows come home.

You'll need:

a Radial JDI one or two channel box
a Radial X-Amp
XLR male > female cable.
1/4" > XLR cable.

It is worth the money.

You'll still hear your amp sounds while you're recording the pure guitar signal. You can still add whatever distortion or overdrive pedals in line during the reamping, and try different combinations to find out what sounds best.

I like messing with tones...Ill be a tone junkie for life.. I just have to live with that :) Honesly, with cab impulses I haven't really cared for micing up that much..except to maybe expand that stereo spectrum. I believe that you can get spiffy recordings with a nominal equipment..especially nowadays.

Crap look at the awesome stuff from the 70's and 80's they had to do stuff like splice tape,.......f*** that!!

I use ProTools 8 and with the Master Fader I usually add a plugin to expand the stereo to make it sound bigger than it is. And I also add a slight overall reverb for ambiance.