back in buy mode...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick my next Module

• Mamba

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S1S0

• Mash All

• Mark US

• Dreadplate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
bonus check day!
I just landed a new Tweed off the bay cheap cheap

7 day poll

The mamba was my all time favorite hi gainer, so at some point I'll have to get another....the reason to not get a Mamba? I never heard the other mods I listed

I listed in order of my preference. Dreadplate is last because it may fall into Mamba territory
Mark is not a priority because while I like listening to Mark, I don't feel the fire when I play it- this goes for the real MKIV my buddy owns as well as another Mark mod I owned that was dead on, but gave it up for stated reasons
I have a Marshall mod I love, but the Mash All is tempting....
It's pretty much down to the S1S0 or reacquiring the Mamba

sidenote: I can't believe the Tweed is able to transform into so many hi gain choices- Salvo is a super genuis :shock:

Just for interest, why do you think the Deadplate is particularly close to the Mamba? The Framus Cobra & the Dual Rectifier sound nothing like each other & Salvation's clips of the two modules don't sound anything like each other either.

Also, if you liked the Mamba so much, why did you sell it? :) (assuming you sold it rather than got robbed or something...)

FWIW, I voted S1S0 because I'm insterested in getting one myself.

You don't have the Kraken on your list. It has a sixth knob adding a sweep control to the mix. That could be a really cool feature. It also has a gain boost switch called "new level". It's a Salvation mod, so it must be pretty wicked. The pics look pretty cool too. And it is a unique mod. You could be one of the first to get one. I know I want one, but I'm poor.:(
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=10870&highlight=kraken

Peace.

I'd like to choose my favorite, but what do you want to use it for?

Or is it just for expanding your palette?
Then I'd say Mash-all for pure versatility.

But I might be biased because mine is underway!:D

Mashall....That's an easy one...It does it all, and does it well! I get Ray's comment regarding the Mamba and Dreadplate...The Mamba is like a really heavy recto to my ear too...I know they're two different things and no one would say they're the same...But they are certainly in the same ballpark and since Ray dug the Mamba so much, I doubt the Dreadplate would do what he wants....Just me gut feeling...And, for the record, I haven't played a Dreadplate - just know what it's about...And I did play a Deadplate and loved it...But the Mamba just has the extra something that really grabs your ear...To each their own and it would be awesome to record them as a stereo pair...

What is the Dreadplate? I remember that pic that revealed it, but I never read what the actual differences between it and the Deadplate are

Mattfig said:
Mashall....That's an easy one...It does it all, and does it well! I get Ray's comment regarding the Mamba and Dreadplate...The Mamba is like a really heavy recto to my ear too...I know they're two different things and no one would say they're the same...But they are certainly in the same ballpark and since Ray dug the Mamba so much, I doubt the Dreadplate would do what he wants....Just me gut feeling...And, for the record, I haven't played a Dreadplate - just know what it's about...And I did play a Deadplate and loved it...But the Mamba just has the extra something that really grabs your ear...To each their own and it would be awesome to record them as a stereo pair...
I believe the Framus is actually based on the Recto circuitry.
Like the recto circuit was originally based on Soldano ;)
So yeah they probably are in the same ballpark but in different corners :)

Can't wait for mine to arrive! :D

Thanks for the replies...
No the Dreadplate (extra sweep knob) is not the same as Mamba, but I assumed ballpark....maybe not ?

I gave up my beloved Mamba 2 weeks ago to fund a guitar- there was no doubt I'm going to grab another mamba at some point. The axe I bought wouldn't have been around, so I needed to make the move :cry:

MashAll receiving a lot of love, I think I'll need them all! I have a house in Mayfair Philadelphia, if that sells soon GAS will resume!

WT: Mayfair house for rm1250

I haven't played any of the modules listed but from the clips I like the Mashall the best of those listed, followed by the S1S0.

Daryl said:
You don't have the Kraken on your list. It has a sixth knob adding a sweep control to the mix. That could be a really cool .

I like the idea of the 6th knob, but Dimebag Krank isn't a tone at the top of my list....yet, lol

I'm having a sweep mod (6th) added to my S1S0...So nobody can copycat that one...When it hits the classifieds, I wanna be an original....:) I really don't have a use for the Krank buzz but the sweep pot could be fun...****, even if you gotta leave it in center positon 99% of the time, it's still worth it to me...I'm very pumped about the S1S0 and still haven't made the call on the last one....Some awesome input and I thank you guys...

OK...So it sounds like you are somewhere between the S1S0 and the Mamba. Why don't you get a Mamba and have Anthony put a sweep knob on it? That would not only fulfill your Mamba craving, but make it a more flexible module. Not to mention you would be the first to have one of these sick modules. I heard Mattfig talking about making a S1S0 with the sweep knob so, I assume you could get that mod on pretty much anything. +1 for the Mamba+ :D

Crap...SHould've kept my mouth shut....Now everyone's gonna have a sweep pot....My S1S0 has one more custom mod that I'm not tellin'! That way when I sell it in the classifieds it'll be an original... :wink:

:D If you do it, please post some samples or at least some thoughts on how it sounds and performs. I know the sweep knob is one of Anthony's newer additions and I can't wait to hear about how cool it is.

And just for the record...I don't think the sweep pot thing will catch on...I'm not expecting great results...Just more versatility and somehow it'll have some weird studio function aside from being my goto 5150 style module...I think it'll sound great on the Kraken as it keeps it true to form....I think it's gonna suck a lot of character outta amps that simply have it added...I asked Antonin to mark the stock 5150 position and honestly plan on leaving it there 99% of the time...

Either way, I'll let you guys know how it comes out...