Back to Mts with stellar results.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needtopractice

Reaction score
I've been back and forth for years, experimenting with different rigs. Every so often coming back to the mts in some fashion or another. I've run many boutique amps in my setup but truthfully none have really did it for me like this current one. Egnater m4, axefx with 4cm, and a VHT 2150. Hilligan Snorkeler, Salvation, Angel, and egnater vx. SUCH a versatile rig it is insane. Trying my guitarist's strat, I'm a bass player, really showed my how dull my partscaster really sounded. I think that may have been a big factor as to why I've not been thrilled by the mts setup in the past. I'm big on treble and clarity, who isn't, and that guitar, while it sounds big and punchy, but just doesn't cut. Glad to be back. : )
Clip of the rig in action. Only stayed on the Angel mod...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W18qwPPbp2I

I think in the least, an MTS rig is the perfect "fall back" beside any favorite amp you may hold dearer

You can flip any Slo or QR, or Mk V, etc. and still be able to keep (some of) that tone in an MTS module for that time when you actually wished you had 'that' amp back, without the need to sell your current main battle tank to reminisce old times

Welcome back...I think anyone in MTS knows there are certain amps we would favor over MTS but they are few and usually expensive...For my money, MTS is the most consistent high quality tone and covers more ground than anything out there that is not digital...

I own 5 guitars, 3 with humbuckers, 1 strat, and a p90 Lp. They all were picked because they are unique to each other. Each module sounds different with each guitar and of course some work some don't. I tried some 57 Klein epic pups a friend has on a strat and they were as good as I have ever heard. Very expensive, but they will be my next set. Played them through a early 70's vobrosonic twin amp. Wow, so punchy but warm at the same time.
Welcome back to the fold :D

Still really enjoying the tones. Sometimes you find a setup that works and you get psyched about it, then it loses it's luster after a week or so. Hasn't happened. In fact with my newly acquired mij hss strat it sounds even more to my liking.

Welcome back needtopractice. Still love my Scorch! Jeff, interested in doing a dual scorch? It would be sick. I have a M4 that needs feeding. PM me if you're still doing mods. Good to see you on here. :)