Brown-eye

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gunsling3r said:
Thinking of sending my Plexi to Dave Friedman for the Brown-eye mod, Whats the consensus??
I sent my Plexi out to Dave for the Brown eye mod and love it. Reminds me of his modded Brahma but with a "touch" more gain and lower end. But still has that Brahma "Chimey" clarity. And like his Brahma....it takes the Boss SD-1 like a MUTHA! Great tones from that modded module.
Not sure how many others have this mod but its a KEEPER! Also have his SL+ Hairy Brown eye mod and that is just one Vicious Marshall tone!!
Reminds me of EVH 1st album tone.

I have a DaveF BE Brahma arriving tomorrow...should've been today but the wife was sleeping :evil:

Been Playing through our other guitar players DF Brahma...Love it,
He's selling it though, Only Had my Rm100 For two weeks,
After he got his lynch Box I had to have one,
Mine Came With Deluxe,Plexi, and XTC Mods,...Want to get a SL+ also.

Gunsling3r said:
Thinking of sending my Plexi to Dave Friedman for the Brown-eye mod, Whats the consensus??
I have the Brown Eye/C45 mod done on my Plexi. Its really nice. Awesome modded Marshallesque tones. Both mods sound great!!!

danhops said:
Gunsling3r said:
I have the Brown Eye/C45 mod done on my Plexi. Its really nice. Awesome modded Marshallesque tones. Both mods sound great!!!
Are both mods on One Plexi module with a switch to go back and forth? If so that would be pretty cool.

Mailman1971 said:
danhops said:
Gunsling3r said:
Are both mods on One Plexi module with a switch to go back and forth? If so that would be pretty cool.

I was wondering the same thing :?:

danhops said:
Gunsling3r said:

Did you get that back already? If so, sweet! :twisted:

Mailman1971 said:
danhops said:
Gunsling3r said:
Yes, thats is correct!!!

:evil: :evil: ...well...to add to this....my SL+ got there, Dave sent it back, USPS tracking says it's in Canada customs but Dave received it back to his shop yesterday??? WTF?? ....the tubes inside were busted as well! :roll: :?

So he's resending tomorrow...my luck, it will be in f'n pieces when it gets here. Jack@$$e$!! Those customs people...I'm tellin' ya

Was thinking of sending my Brahma down to him, but after this experience...i don't know....

What kills me is that some of you have sent your mods to him AFTER I did, and you got it back BEFORE I did! :p .....just being a jealous ******* :lol:

Hey Pedro I'm in Canada as well and am planning to send some modules to Dave. Let me know how the Customs-border bullshit works out for you.

Might have to pack that sucker up tight - or maybe the border guards open everthing up to make sure its not drugs or whatever, then see the tubes and bust them open thinking there's heroin in there :shock:

Mike

MikeT said:
Hey Pedro I'm in Canada as well and am planning to send some modules to Dave. Let me know how the Customs-border bullshit works out for you.

Might have to pack that sucker up tight - or maybe the border guards open everthing up to make sure its not drugs or whatever, then see the tubes and bust them open thinking there's heroin in there :shock:

Mike

Hey Mike,

Yeah, if the tubes were busted, they certainly broke them! I had that thing packed VERY well with popcorn and crumpled newspaper. I just checked USPS tracking and it still states that it's in canada customs! :?

They've been incredible assholes lately...charging me duty on used goods as if they were new purchases...you name it. I even submitted a refund request just a couple of weeks back for another of their screw ups and I even showed them proof that it was purchased LAST YEAR! ...and they STILL want me to pay as if it was new. I'm fighting that one right now.... :evil: .... anyways, not to discourage you :lol: ...Dave seems cool to deal with, just the gov't getting in the way...as usual ....

I'm seriously considering sending the Brahma down to Dave...but I might pay the extra $$$ for the super express... they get handled a little better.

I'll let ya know when I get it back and the shape it's in....or how many pieces I have :lol:

Pedro

You know your the only one this has ever happened to. I send stuff via the post to Canada all the time no prob. Sorry I am eating the shipping and the new tubes so lets hope for the best. Dave

RACKSYSTEMS said:
You know your the only one this has ever happened to. I send stuff via the post to Canada all the time no prob. Sorry I am eating the shipping and the new tubes so lets hope for the best. Dave

No worries at all Dave...and please, don't think for a second that I am disappointed with you in any way! :wink: ... Like I have mentioned in earlier posts about this very issue, canada customs has been nothing more than an ugly migraine to me. If USPS stated that the parcel was being processed at border customs, then I believe them. I'm just puzzled how it got sent all the way back to your shop with no tracking updates? :? ....hey, if this crap is going to happen to anyone, lately, I've been the subject of choice! :lol:

Seriously though Dave, I appreciate you eating the re-ship, but I'm more than happy to pay for it because it's clearly not your fault in any way. Just let me know. What's killing me is listening to that HBE clip, knowing I OWN one, but can't USE it yet! :roll: :lol:

Peace!

Pedro

Pedro,
its going to make it that much SWEETER when you finally rip into that HBE mod. I am telling ya......that was all I was using the WHOLE WEEKEND. Covers ALOT of territory and sounds so **** GOOD!!
Sorry....just venting on how freaking awesome that is for KILLER MARSHALL tone!
I call it my 'Marshall Killer'. hahaha! 8)