Cab for RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newelly87

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if there are any tonal differnces between the MTS quads and the XL quads? I prefer the look of the metal grill xl cab over the MTS ones but if the MTS quad sounds better than the xl then ill tolerate it not looking as cool.

Thankd for the help.

Hello, I own both types of cabinet, 2 MTS 4x12 and 1XL 4x12. They sound the same to me but both the mts and xl 4x12's I have are all loaded with celestion Vintage 30's so they should sound the same.

Hope this helps.

thanks for that, i knew they both had v30's but just wasnt sure if there may have been differences in construction or other aspects that may make them different.

Anyone else have any oppinions?

I have a first gen XLT cab and its perfect for me. It doesn't have a mic emulator jack on the cab but my amps have a slave out.

As for the XLT vs MTS cabs.... cosmetics are the only difference so long as they have the same speakers from what I have seen.

Smokey said:
Don't the MTS have the Mic Eliminator direct out on them and the XL don't?
Cheers
What kind of sound do the mic eliminators have? Are there clips anywhere of them in action?