Cab Loaded w/ Eminence Legends...Need Opinions/input

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james.fugate

Reaction score
I'm looking at possibly buying a cab loaded with 2-12 Eminence Legends and 1-15 Eminence Legend. I play pretty heavy stuff is a dropped a# tuning. I need some opinions or input.

Or should i just save up double the money and get something loaded with Celestions?

Thanks.

Eminence speakers sound great. If they're the V128 speakers then they're probably the British voiced Legends, which the speakers in my Vader cab either are or are based off of. The speakers are incredibly clear, punchy, and cut through the mix like no other. They also tame some high gain fizz that you can get with some amps. Don't pay the extra arm and a leg for Celestions when Eminence simply works.

Eminence are amazing quality! I am running wizards and governors in my Saxon 4x12, and they are just simply sick sounding

I own the same Randall cab you are looking at and it sounds great. I get an extra sweet deal on it from some kid here off craigslist. The legends are great sounding and are the same speakers used in the Basson cabs.

That cab you are speaking about is pretty good. It can carry some good bass end thump to it. It actually does a pretty **** good job for high gain leads believe it or not(speed metal). I personally would rather get a 4x12 from avatar though with v30's or g12k-100's in that price range. For some reason the eminences I have tried seem to be held back or muffled to my ears. The cab absolutely HATED my Titan so I sold it. I compared it to a Mills and the Mills actually had a much better low end. However, in that price range it is hard to beat. They do have a low resell value if that says anything. Personally, in hindsight I wish I had just saved my money and then bought the Mills later.

You simply can't beat what Avatar is doing with all the ebay auctions. I scored those 2 Hellatones 60L's they run every 2 days for $88 this week. They also run an Orange tolex 212 cabinet with you choice of Eminence V12,125's or a V30 even and can even get 2 different ones if you want and I've seen it end at $170. Oh, you get to choose open or closed back too.
And the G12 100's never sell for more then $130ish for all 4.
I'm using the G12 30 MG's from them in my 412 and they sound beautiful, again I scored those for $45 for 4.

P.S. of course its at $224 right now haha, just wait 2 days and try again.
This really isn't a reply to the original question but I just think is a good thing to have as a option and a Orange 212 would be pretty cool too :?

Yeah, I'm thinking about grabbing four Hellatone 30s. I like the G12H30 sound better than the Vintage 30. it's a little more grimey. More up my alley.

I wouldn't even think about a 212/115 cab. I think too much about the weight. Heck I don't even think about a 412. Two 212s are much easier to move around.

I got purple bronco cabs. 8)

Totally, Ive only got the 412 cause of that deal on the 4 G12 30's and I got a brand new Seismic Audio empty 412 for $79 delivered. (yes, I spend way to much time on ebay). Pretty cool having a 3/4 stack tho and I don't gig so no moving involved.