cab question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximus1

Reaction score
i just got a mesa cab and on the back it has outputs for 4 ohms, 4ohms, ( don't understand why there's 2 but i assume its for stero operation) and 8 ohms. its an oversized recto. i also have a vht cab that only runs 16 ohms mono. so how do i run these 2 cabs as a full stack out of one head. would i set the head for 8 ohm load? or no, i know if they were both 16 ohms i would set the amp for 8 ohms but not sure what to do with both being that they are miss matched

Ampoholic said:
8 and 16 ohms run parallel = 5.33 ohms so use 4 ohms on amp.

(I'd wait for confirmation from someone else, I just woke up!) :lol:

You're right on the money!

thanks guys, one more question about the recto cab, how does it run in stereo? it has 2 inputs that each say 4 ohms, where would i set the ohms on the amp? i ve never owned an amp that could put out 2 ohms and going by the rule would that be what it is asking for? i can't find a manual for the cab.

maximus1 said:
thanks guys, one more question about the recto cab, how does it run in stereo? it has 2 inputs that each say 4 ohms, where would i set the ohms on the amp? i ve never owned an amp that could put out 2 ohms and going by the rule would that be what it is asking for? i can't find a manual for the cab.

i think you would set it to 4ohm, because the cab is at 4 when ran stereo
I think!....id have to look at my recto cab