Christmas EP using MTS amp

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tajmoben

Reaction score
Hey guys, I wasn't sure what thread to post this in so I thought this might be the best place to share. This is a link to a Christmas EP I recorded w/ my band The Taj Motel Trio. After we finished I realized that I didn't use my Dual Rec at all and tone was killer. Randall for the win!!!!

Here's the link:

Mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/?hmy5moznmmd
Direct Link - http://tajmoteltrio.com/TajChristmasEP.zip

Oh, if you have an aversion to ska-punk you may wanna skip this one!!!

-Ben

We recorded this a year ago, but I keep good notes!!! :D

It was an Randall RM-80 (converted to a head) with JJ E34L's. We used all stock Modules....I haven't had the spare cash for the Salvations yet......hopefully after the Holidays!!!! The cleans were done with a deluxe module, and we double tracked and hard panned the dirty parts with a stock Recto on one side and a stock 1086 on the other.

We had the Randall running through an oversized Dual Rec Cabinet w/ v30's. It was miked with a 57 and a cheap Chinese ribbon mic. The mix has more of the 57 in it but just enough of the ribbon to fill things out.

At the time I was disappointed that I didn't use my Dual Rec, but listening to it now I don't mind so much.

Nice!

I think it sounds great, nice "heavy" sound but not too much. :D

From a guitarist point of view I'd pull the guitar a bit more to the front.
But I see how in this music it's not the main thing ;)

Great songs too, love the christmas hams!

I really love the MTS amps (I've got an 80 and a 20). They're great tools for recording since they're so versatile and for some reason they seem to record better than most of the other amps I've used. Mine gets used constantly at the studio, almost everybody I've recorded winds up using it, even if they have nice amps of their own.

My biggest issue is deciding which modules I want to send to Anthony to get modded. Decisions, decisions..... I'm thinking hard about getting the Deluxe modded into a Twinface....love your design work on that one BTW. I also have an extra Topboost that'll probably be remade into a Stonerverb. He's just got so many choices......this is worse than pokemon.......I want em all. :shock:

That's great, I can't wait 'till I can unleash the full power of the Randall with the Salvation mods in there. :D

Thanks about the Twinface, I'm getting one myself too :)
I'd just take a step back and look at those sounds that you realy need and find mods that will do those.

I for instance really want a Salvation Mamba mod for teh Bro0talz! but my band plays more funk + rock + oldskool metal so it's not at all usefull.
That doesn't mean I'm not going to get it of course ;) :lol: but others first.