• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Crate G40C loaded with 2 G8L-35's mint FS

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balou

Reaction score
Im selling my Crate G40C. Im the original owner, bought in 1987 and is in crazy good condition. It has the occasional volume dip but its just the volume pots needing another spray of connector cleaner. It has a really great clean channel with beautiful chorus and reverb and it takes my Boss ME-70 very well. The distortion channel is really unique and is on par with almost any SS amp I've ever heard. The real selling point here is the vintage Celestion G8L-35's in it, they are really great speakers and came stock in this little gigger. Its listed on ebay right now and has 4 days left on it. I did reserve the right to end the auction early so I'm open to offer's. With no final value fee i'd be much happier to sell to a fellow forum mate then the unknown world. The bid was upto $99 last I checked. Send along any questions you might have.

To find on ebay just search Crate G40C, Im Balou22-5025

Back in the day when I couldn't afford any better I had one of these that I mic'd through our lil PA....played quite a few hole in the wall clubs and parties with it. Aaaaaaahhh the memories! :D

Yup. this baby has been with me a while and they were the shizzle back when used equipment wasn't readily available and you bought what you could afford new (I think it was $399). I wish it had 10 inch speakers in it but hooking it up to a 212 cab is a good setup. She just looses her warmth when you crank it way up. The distortion is dreamy.

Balou said:
Im selling my Crate G40C. Im the original owner, bought in 1987 and is in crazy good condition. It has the occasional volume dip but its just the volume pots needing another spray of connector cleaner. It has a really great clean channel with beautiful chorus and reverb and it takes my Boss ME-70 very well. The distortion channel is really unique and is on par with almost any SS amp I've ever heard. The real selling point here is the vintage Celestion G8L-35's in it, they are really great speakers and came stock in this little gigger. Its listed on ebay right now and has 4 days left on it. I did reserve the right to end the auction early so I'm open to offer's. With no final value fee i'd be much happier to sell to a fellow forum mate then the unknown world. The bid was upto $99 last I checked. Send along any questions you might have.
The buyer never paid so I still have it. Will sell for $150 shipped anywear in the USA. This amp sound great and a real good home and small gig setup. if mic'ed you be fine in larger gigs. I use it over my RM's all the time when I want to play normal volumes.

To find on ebay just search Crate G40C, Im Balou22-5025