Egnater JTM 45 - seller’s remorse

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burlo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mistakenly sold my Egnater JTM45 module thinking I could find the tone in a Salvation Banned. I couldn’t. Maybe it was the Sozo caps (surely an upgrade) but I’ve not found anything that sounded that good since.

Does the Randall JTM come close at all to the Egnater and would upgraded components make the difference?

Cheers, Paul.

F0E6243F-56ED-4806-8D22-E2DB60CA3C96.jpeg

I havent played the Egnater JTM45, but the Jaded Faith 59RR does an amazing version of the JTM.

The Synergy DS module is kind of a modded JTM since the real amp is…and this one sounds plain fantastic, the only one I kept from all the Synergys I had. Fantastic breakup (neck single coils with Strats are a dream)to Ac/Dc rock tones I owned the Randall which was a very muddy module module, didn’t like that all.
Cheers

I own a Randall jtm module AND a Jaded faith 59RR module. The jtm has less gain, and it’s tone variety is less than the JF 59RR but it is pleasing…especially for classic Rock crunch tones. My JTM is stock , no after market upgrades. I haven’t owned or played the egnater DS, but figured I share my opinion and I hope it helps. Imho, if you can’t find a JTM module used…buy a JF59RR . If you run it’s gain very low you’ll get in that same tone territory…..and the tone knobs will allow you to mold the eq more than a stock JTM could.

The Synergy DS module is kind of a modded JTM since the real amp is…and this one sounds plain fantastic, the only one I kept from all the Synergys I had. Fantastic breakup (neck single coils with Strats are a dream)to Ac/Dc rock tones I owned the Randall which was a very muddy module module, didn’t like that all.
Cheers
Hi René,

at first I was not too happy with my Synergy DS module. I had modded a Randall MTS Ultra to DS before and it sounded much more open and pleasnet than the Synergy DS.

So I did the following mods:

Swapped the Bright cap for blue channel to 220pF (from 1nF), and the red channel to 470pF (also 1nF). Much more usable than the harsh Bright caps before.

C3 (cap across cathode follower cathode resistor) to 0.0047uF as per original Dirty Shirley amps.

Also changed R12 (inpuit side of cathode follower cathode resistor) from 1k to 820 Ohms.

I now am really pleased with the module.

Best Regards, Dote!

Hi René,

at first I was not too happy with my Synergy DS module. I had modded a Randall MTS Ultra to DS before and it sounded much more open and pleasnet than the Synergy DS.

So I did the following mods:

Swapped the Bright cap for blue channel to 220pF (from 1nF), and the red channel to 470pF (also 1nF). Much more usable than the harsh Bright caps before.

C3 (cap across cathode follower cathode resistor) to 0.0047uF as per original Dirty Shirley amps.

Also changed R12 (inpuit side of cathode follower cathode resistor) from 1k to 820 Ohms.

I now am really pleased with the module.

Best Regards, Dote!
Absolutely NOT my experience…😅
That’s what we would call a matter of taste😉

Mainly HSS Strats. Also a SG, but I just love neck singlecoil via the DS…it has that fine grit to it for any kind of that Hendrix-like stuff. And it simply roars with a humbucking bridge PU. It is not a highgain module but can definitely give you fat, singing rock tones.

Mainly HSS Strats. Also a SG, but I just love neck singlecoil via the DS…it has that fine grit to it for any kind of that Hendrix-like stuff. And it simply roars with a humbucking bridge PU. It is not a highgain module but can definitely give you fat, singing rock tones.
That’s pretty much what I like!

Latest posts