Essential Lynch modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SickPunk

Reaction score
What would you say are the top 3 essential Lynch modules to have. I have the Brahma and Super V. I am planning on getting the Mr. Scary soon. I'm thinking of swapping out the Super V for another Lynch mod since it is similar to the Brahma, which I like a lot more than the Super V.

Brahma and Scary are the must haves. If you like Recto tones then the Grail is one of the best, if not the best, stock Recto mod.

The Brahma and Scary will cover your Marshall tones so that is why I am not including the Judge.

1-Either the Scary or Judge (Scary would be more gain but both NICE Marshall tone)

2-Grail

3-Super V

Super V always intrigues me.. I don't even think George knew what it was supposed to be. In one youtube vid where he is testing tubes with friedman he refers to it being a Plexi when officially it was released as a top boost or AC 30 type of circuit on the clean side with a slight grit. Built on what seems to be the same circuit board as the SL+, plexi etc though so can be tweaked.

I would say essential tones :

Brahma, Scary.

Grail - for some of his heavier stuff.

You want some kind of really clean Fender Twin sound too - lots of Dokken songs had clean bits _ I use an Egnater T/D or a single channel Egnater Twin

Other than that I'd go with a Judge and a Mr Scary.........

The Grail comes in handy for a few darker bits on Back For The Attack and maybe Under Lock and Key