Eventide Eclipse or TC G- Major 2 or ?? for effects

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakeguitar

Reaction score
What do you guys prefer if you've tried both?

Foot pedal's aren't a issue for me as I don't need to play live and I can just use a switcher to turn on/off.

Looking to get some great effects (delays/chorus/flange/stereoizer/pitcher/harmonizer/reverb especially vintage fender reverb style) for use as both guitar amp serial port or for other line processing (synths).

Ideally I'm looking at those Eventide stomp boxes as they have the most pre-configured knob's to control useful parameters especially for real-time fun, but at roughly $500 each and I'd want all 3 so that adds up really quickly so there are more options.

I haven't tried the eventide pedals but I do have a TC G Major. The effects sound great. I would recommend TC products to anyone who asks. I am probably going to be upgrading to the G Major 2, for the intelligent harmonizer, uni vibe and a few other effects. They go used in really good shape for around $350. Good luck on the gear search.

For me it's a no-brainer. G Major2 all the way.
It's much better than the G Major
Especially with the better knobs. The effects are really good and the price is right.
Ask yourself the question:
"How much do I really use effects?"
Most of the time it's just a little reverb,
some delay, a nice chorus.
Bang for the buck, few things can beat TC products, and few things can compete at any price.
I love my G Major2.

I have both the G-Major II (really good) and all of the current Eventide Factor pedals (great - I have the Time, Mod, and Pitch - and when the Space pedal is available I will pick it up too - YEAH, their that good) - if I had to choose and could only have one processor for all that I have - and honestly its what I'm looking for right now - I'd go with the Eclipse - the G-Major II is good - but the Eventides are in another league.

If I was only going to buy one - and buy once it would be the Eventide. Yes it will take longer to figure out how everything works with the Eventide (and is more involved in the programming)- i.e. if your less of a tweeker then the G-Major will get you tones quicker, but to me and IMHO the Eventides are worth the time and cash investment.

I'm using a couple of the factor pedals on a pedal board right now, my big rig is using a Lexicon G2 - which has put the G-Major II back to the sidelines - and if I end up with one - the Lexicon will be sidelined by the Eclipse. To me its just worth it to move to the Eventides - they sound that much better to me, but again for bang for the buck - you cant beat the TC (and I think the G-Force is a great processor, but I just like the color of the Eventide better) - great effects for the price, but the Eventide is in another league.

So again depending on how much you use effects - and what your looking to do - the Eventide is killer setup, but in some instances may be too expensive and too much - where as the G-Major II is the logical step for ease of use, and a great cost effective unit.

thanks c2ply

I think I'm going to go either 2-3 pedals (versatile) or eclipse (digital). Would you use the pedal's in the studio? Or is the eclipse if recording something?

/cheers

I like my Gmajor (the one not the 2)..but the workmanship is cheesy.
I have heard the Gmaj 2 is better build..but takes a second to load sounds..not good for live..but for you it may not matter.
I am waiting till Tc gets the act all together regarding software support and build quality. There stuff is so variable. I have owned some of their stuff and its failed 3x..and another piece is fine.
Under warrantee..they DO repair their stuff..but the repair place takes sometime (they also are the repair people for Tannoy and other companies, so maybe they are over worked..dunno). A few weeks to 2 months to get something fixed. Kinda long for me..I am gigging alot.
So thats been my experience with Tc.
..and yeah some of their product do sound good, no doubt.

I'd have no problem using either the eventide pedals or eclipse in a studio setting - as their all studio quality.

Eclipse vs G Major? :shock:

If you got the cash for an eclipse I would sooner compare the G force to it (or nova system)