Fav cleans module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikki-k

Reaction score
Hi!
Trying to decide which module to grab for cleans.
I love Eric Johnson's cleans. Andy Summers. But, I also want a nice clean module to throw something like my octave fuzz in front of, and will get some good overdrive going.

I have a T/Dlx on order, but while waiting, I am wondering if I should choose something else, perhaps a Bman.
I have a Plexi in my Syn-1. I will eventually be adding a Slo, VH4, or Engl for some more gain-y tones. And maybe cap it off an the Morgan AC module.

I guess I am mostly torn between the T/DLX and Bman, but wondering if I missed a gem amongst the other modules.
Thanks!

Outside of the Synergy modules, I really love my Salvation Loneclean and Jaided Faith VX30. Both can do full, punchy, cleans with lots of chime. The JF VX30 nails those Voxy tones, and the Loneclean has a great American clean sound, with the bonus of a 3 way mode switch to add Texas or dirty Tweed flavors.

If you're after more of an EJ tone, the Loneclean would probably suit you better, though personally, I love the colorful chime of the VX30 just a bit more. Both are absolutely top-notch modules.

I have the Egnater T/D module which is basically the same as the Synergy and it will get you EJ tones. Great Fender clean module. The BMan would be my other choice for more gritty Hendrix type tones that a fuzz would pair nice with.

I know it's Synergy, but the BB channel on the Friedman BB/BE has spectacular cleans.

Hi!
Thanks for the replies! :)

I opted to go with the Bman for now. I was originally leaning toward the T/DLX, but found out the T = Twin, not Tweed, and I kind of prefer the Tweed, so hoping the Bman does it for me.

I seriously considered the BB/BE, but since I have the Plexi module, I figured the BE would not offer as different a flavor as the Bman (chan 2). Really wish I could just buy all the available modules, try them, and then pick several that I truly love. Afraid of the tonal variations not being as great as having the actually amps that inspired them (mostly due to using a single power amp?)

Thanks!