favorite nu metal band?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bones

Reaction score
who is your favorite nu metal band?

For me I would have to say mudvayne.

Not really a NU metal band....but really kicking *** with the new album.....TESTAMENT!! Killer Killer album! Alex Skolnik...wow! Great guitarist!
One of my all time favs for the past 20 years. 8)

Mailman1971 said:
Not really a NU metal band....but really kicking *** with the new album.....TESTAMENT!! Killer Killer album! Alex Skolnik...wow! Great guitarist!
One of my all time favs for the past 20 years. 8)

Alex is amazing and extremely underrated in my humble opinion. Not sure what he's gigging on these days, but it ought to be a Randall.

Hey, that just inspired me on a great reality TV show, put 5 aspiring guitarists in a house, give them each a pile of gear, they have 5 days to assemble it, tweak it and have a shred-off at the end. Judges would determine who ever has the best tone/articulation and performance, wins. And of course, in the event of a tie, best hair would prevail.

Jimmie

alex skcholnick isnt under-rated. maybe doesnt enjoy the limelight like some others. but everyone that know who he is, KNOWS how good he is. in teh 20 years years i've been listening to testament, ive never heard anyone say "eehh, alex's playing is alright".

by no means am i jumping down your throat here. but i think i know what you ment. :)

i've been to two of his clinics in the boston area over the years. hes a very nice guy and very fan friendly.

yah, you knew where I was going with that. With the amount of talent he has and how compassionate he is about music including the guitarists like you and I that he shares with and inspires, his place in my humble opinion remains just that with a slight revision: Alex is HUGELY under "appreciated" by the general masses, because they are the sleeping sheep...yah...thats about it. :D

Jimmie

bhuard75 said:
mailman, that new testament album is really good. but my fav is still LOW!!
Oh yeah...."Hail Mary" is on my MP3 player to this day!
Love that album! Demonic is my fav album.
Quick story. This is going to sound FAR FETCHED BUT THE TRUTH....
I bought a guitar directly from Chuck Billy in 2004. He got the guitar PERSONALLY from Dimebag. It was one of Dimes Tour used custom Dime 3 Washburn. This was before Dime was killed and he was playing in Damageplan at the time. Had Dimes personal guitar strap all warpped in Duct tape and everything. Chuck was cool to deal with and signed the back of the guitar since Dime signed the front of it. I sold it a couple years back when I was selling off my Collection I had. True story. Still got all the emails and Paypal receipt for the purchase to Chuck.
Long live Metal! :D

Dan

i dont think thats far fetched at all. why do you sell all your unique pieces? you just got rid of that white/tan camo kamakaize right? that looked like a nice guitar!!

I just love to get new gear. I have owned 2 other of George's Personal ESP's. I had a Serpent he used on 97 Dokken tour and a Ultra that was his Personal guitars. Had the letters from the President of ESP signed off on it.
I was a HUGE guitar collector. I owned over 300 electrics thru the years. Buy/sell/collecting....It got CRAZY! I wasnt even playing just collecting. Well needed the cash and started to liquidate my collection and am now down to just 3 guitars. Focusing more on playing and loving it. I was big into "Rock star owned" guitars. Had about 20 that belonged to the 80's metal bands. Still keep in contact with a few of the Band members. Well thats my story in a nutshell.
too much money....too many guitars....
8)

Mailman1971 said:
8)

That is the biggest oxymoran I ever saw. :) my life's story reads:
been too broke, ain't got **** to show for it....

Bewitagos1 said:
Mailman1971 said:
8)

That is the biggest oxymoran I ever saw. :) my life's story reads:
been too broke, ain't got s*&t to show for it....
Hahaha
I just read what I wrote....
Let me RE-PHRASE THAT.....TOO MUCH MONEY SPENT.....on TOO MANY GUITARS!
I am like that guy on the commercial...."How do I do it? I am in debt up to my eye balls!!"
Yeah....Several Several Thousand in debt.......but thats life in the fast lane!
Or.....
Thats why God invented CREDIT CARDS!!! :D

Mailman1971 said:
[but thats life in the fast lane!
Or.....Thats why God invented CREDIT CARDS!!! :D

Hell, I had the truck all fired up and was ready to head down at take my civil service exam.

So what three axes ya got left?

I have as my main...a KILLER (Akira Takasaki / LOUDNESS) Prime guitar I picked up when I was stationed in Japan(LOVE IT) a Dean ML that was given to me Personally by Dean Zelinski!! And a ESP Strat head about 84-89? Lime green in color.
Just having a good time!!
Collecting sucks.....too much money....not enough Playing!
:wink:

Mailman1971 said:
Lamb of God's - REDNECK

Love that brutal riffing! 8)

I'll second that...just when I thought "why does nobody make some real metal with some balls anymore", these guys come out with Sacrament. IMHO, they are possibly the best metal band out there the the moment. 8)

...but that's just MY opinion - I'm sure there's a debate coming up :wink:

Really diggin the new Lamb of god WRATH album.......
FREAKING BRUTAL!!
Reminds me of old school metal with a 'twist' of NEW metal!
Love it! If you never heard it.....CHECK...it OUT!!!! 8)