Finally got to plug into My RM4 and RT/50 setup

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audioholic

Reaction score
Thanks much to Russ: rmilbeck

for the great shipping and transaction. My RM4 came packed very very well, and is working otu great.

Soooo, plugged er into the Rt 2/50, and my G-system returning stereo into a stereo 4x12.

I am very happy. I love this setup, sounds great and will be looking forward to trying different modules. I got the Randall Clean, Plexi, KH2 and Ultra XL.

I actually really like the Randall Clean, I think its a great clean pre, does just what it should for a clean, and sounds warm and round enough for my taste. for all the bad rap it sometimes gets, I was pleasantly surprised.

I LOOOVE the Kh2, its perfect for my taste, nice thick, meaty and full tone, with enough gain, yet not too much to do what you want.

Plexi is great as well, perfect for my very light drive.

It took a little bit to dial in the ultra xl to get something I am happy with, has lots and lots of gain, but is a very very bright module, and was surprised in the lack of low end on it. I have the bass cranked to match the other modules bass at about noon, and the treble is very very low, otherwise it picks up too much picky pluck stuff. I generally like it and can get great distortion sounds, but I am primarily going to use it for leads, and I think eventually i will want something a bit darker to replace that for leads, I originally had an xtc in there, but it was not availalbe from the retailer

aight, I hope to post some clips later..

I can see me getting 2 KH2's, one for light gain, and another for more drive.

I really like the texture of this mod, full and thick, yet very articulat and clear, not overly bright.

its my favorite thus far.

I was just about to sell my KH-2, figuring I didn't need it...then I just spent some more time dialing with my ears...looking for tones...found a couple of killer ones and decided I couldn't part with it...and yes, the mids are scooped on one of em :twisted:

I have a KH-3 also, which definately sounds a little more modern and has a tighter feel than the KH-2.

Another killer score for Randall sig modules...I love 'em

If you find the Ultra Xl as too bright and not thick enough, try the regular ultra. Every once and then i find the ultra xl a bit too bright but it all depends on the speakers too. If you want a less gainy tone with more mid emphasis (not as tight on the bass though) go for the Xtc.

Glad you are liking the mods man and welcome to the family!

why doesnt randall do the dual rm4? is it because bruce hasnt released it to them? or is it randall would have to set up to produce dual mods and dual rm4s?

jlbaxe said:
why doesnt randall do the dual rm4? is it because bruce hasnt released it to them? or is it randall would have to set up to produce dual mods and dual rm4s?

It's one of the things that sets Egnater product apart from the Randall...I don't think Randall have a license to do it.

I personally don't mind having 4 single channel mods. Keeps things more managable to me, rather then 8 channels, some I would not use. this way I can hand pick 4 channels and keep it simple yet, its still plenty.

I am interested in an Xtc. I like the ultra XL, just my settings on it are quite extreme, treble only like on 2, and bass all the way up. my speakers are rather bright, so once i get my new cab, it will probally sound different.

Hey Audioholic, I just received my RM4 a little over a week ago. As soon as I connected my RT 2/50 and I plugged in the guitar, a smile came across my face.

What a great setup, I have the Clean, Recto, Moden, and Plexi modules.

I am not so big on the clean, but probably just a style thing more than it's sound.

So far, may favorite is the Recto, but all are really nice I agree the plexi is perfect for just a little overdrive.

I have the KH 2 on my list of wants after I get a tweed, and maybe a 1086.

Enjoy.

Nice

I rarely play on cleans anyway, and I stil think the clean is as good if not better then my prior amps clean channels, so It is a utility for me, and I will certainly hold onto it, though I will eventually get something that can drive a bit most likely, such as the blackface.

I can't wait to start getting more modules. treadplate, maybe some egnater ones, just gotta get some cash, though I will be on the lookout for used ones too.

unconventional said:
Is the modern a signature model? Never heard of it.

Nope...it's a discontinued Modern High Gain module...pretty cool, does the singing lead thing fairly well but still packs a wallop for rhythm..not as chunky as some but still nice.

I gather there's an issue with dialing it in to cut well in a band context based on feedback I heard from people who play in bands with it.

Pick one up to try..they usually don't sell for much more than $135...not sure you'll like it based on the tones you like that sound like broken transistor radios tho ;)

I love the tone, I can't believe they discontinued it. Your description is spot on. it is a great singing lead tone, especially with a bit of reverb and slight delay dialed in on the intellifex.

I would personally describe it as a very 80's hair metal lead tone, but don't shoot me if you disagree.

I haven't used it in a band setting yet, there does seem to be a small issue with the settings, but seems workable.