Friedman Black Eye module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yngzaklynch

Reaction score
This is a 2nd attempt at capturing the tone of my Mr Scary module modded by Dave Friedman to his Balck Eye mod. I was trying for a fatter tone while keeping the edge I like. This time I used the V2 setting which is a little darker and gainier than V1. Not much but a little. Used my Washburn N4. Rocktron Intellifex in the loop. Some of the wankage has delay and the second half I just used some chorus. Lots of clams. My playing ain't nothing great. My camcorder makes everything sound thin and brittle but it's what I got so here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcJ4Xwoz7GI

Delays sound really nice...sounds gainier and browner than my DF Brown Eye...very nice.

...how's it sound without the FX? :D

yngzaklynch said:
This is a 2nd attempt at capturing the tone of my Mr Scary module modded by Dave Friedman to his Balck Eye mod. I was trying for a fatter tone while keeping the edge I like. This time I used the V2 setting which is a little darker and gainier than V1. Not much but a little. Used my Washburn N4. Rocktron Intellifex in the loop. Some of the wankage has delay and the second half I just used some chorus. Lots of clams. My playing ain't nothing great. My camcorder makes everything sound thin and brittle but it's what I got so here ya go.

Lol..what modesty! :) Dude, your tone is not thin - its great...And your playing is awesome too. Great job, and thanks for the clip.

yngzaklynch said:

Sounds outstanding...what's the cab loaded with?

That sounds freaking great nice roar .. sounds like an arena tone for sure

I'm really diggin it too :) Do you just have a camera mic? If you can afford it, get yourself a cheap recording interface online that can take two mics at once, then get yourself a Sure SM57 and a Sennheiser E906 (or one or the other) and mic it up :)

This is great... I read different things on this mod- can he put a switch on it to go from hairy Brown Eye to Black Eye?

yngzaklynch said:
It's a Marshall 425A. The Vintage Modern cab really. Loaded with greenbacks.

You ever wonder how these guys get a real great tone from a tube amp without cranking the amp to where it's about to blow? This is it. Early breakup speakers.

The 425A and B are great sounding cabs.

So why do I have Avatar? Because it's easier for me to move two 212s than one 412.

tehuk said:
How does the "black eye" compare to a 5150/6505?

Well the 5150 is what it is and the Black Eye is way more or a boosted/modded Marshall. I think it's some sort of Jose mod actually.