• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Friedman Brown Eye w/Marshall faceplate & knobs: SOLD!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P

Reaction score
For sales is a Dave Friedman Brown Eye with a Marshall faceplate and knobs. $260 dollars shipped via USPS Priority mail in the continental US. Smokin' Marshall tones!

Paypal only. [email protected]. Thanks!

be1.jpg

be2.jpg

Whoopysnorp said:
What's it like compared to the MK22?

Higher gain, a little more scooped and brighter. It's cool, no doubt. Closer to a JCM800 than a JMP.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Do you have any interest in swapping for a Judge? You said make you an offer! :oops:

FYI- Friedman has been quoted as saying the Judge is basically a "Brown Eye with a saturation switch".

rblyn said:
Kapo_Polenton said:
Do you have any interest in swapping for a Judge? You said make you an offer! :oops:

FYI- Friedman has been quoted as saying the Judge is basically a "Brown Eye with a saturation switch".

really ??

I own a BE/C45 with SAT and did own 2 judges at one time
and still have one of them

I know what DF uses for his SAT circuit but didn't notice any evidence of that on the judge board (time for a closer look if that true !)

anyway, I'm able to get BE-ish tones out of the judge but not the
other way around IMO

fuzzboat said:
rblyn said:
Kapo_Polenton said:

really ??

I know what DF uses for his SAT circuit but didn't notice any evidence of that on the judge board (time for a closer look if that true !)

other way around IMO

Yep, let me find the link but there was a member (or members) here on the forum that asked Dave about the Judge and that was his response...

rblyn said:
fuzzboat said:
rblyn said:
Kapo_Polenton said:

really ??

other way around IMO

Yep, let me find the link but there was a member (or members) here on the forum that asked Dave about the Judge and that was his response...

Yep, it was in this thread and I remember seeing it in another

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=98071#98071

How can that be? The Judge has all mids and is softer/looser in the low end. The brow eye mods I have heard have more presence and are crunchier. Maybe I should look at the treble caps on this judge.needs more high end. What would the saturation switch me on the judge?? the "mode" Now that's a freakin useless switch if ever I heard one. I just have a feeling Friedman left something out of the Judge or else people wouldn't bother going to him for brown eye mods...

This is a quote from dave friedman when i asked him about The Judge

"No it's more like a brown eye with a saturation switch"

Translates to

" I left key values out so it would sound good but not AS good as my BE mod" :roll:

So it isn't the same.

Kapo_Polenton said:
This is a quote from dave friedman when i asked him about The Judge

"No it's more like a brown eye with a saturation switch"

Translates to

" I left key values out so it would sound good but not AS good as my BE mod" :roll:

So it isn't the same.

I dont know Kapo..Assume the mode off is the BE is what I take from it.I didnt mean to hijack Mike's sale thread...but i love the Judge- I use it live (unreal mid punch when CRANKED and mode on), I've been in the studio with it- its a great sounding module and if Mike P's module or the BE sounds anything like it, its a great one as well. Highly recommend...