• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Jaded Faith 80.A ....SOLD

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayDA

Reaction score
I got this from Salvaged a few months back, and it really is a great mod, I can't believe how closely it nails the real thing in a side by side comparison. However, I recently came across a deal on a used MP-1 that was to good to pass up, and I need the cash because there is something else I'm dying to buy....you know how it goes. Hopefully he doesn't mind me "borrowing" his pic...the whole thread is here: http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=15550&highlight=ada

I'm looking for $OLD shipped via paypal, gift would be preferred.

IMAG0577.jpg

How about adding a "SLO" switch on this baby? ala "Soldano/Recto/5150" mod :wink:

I always found this mod a strange request seeing as the real preamp go for around 150-200$ used. How many sounds of the original could this cop? Also interested in the tones it produces but would be cool to see it side by side with the real deal.

Kapo_Polenton said:
I always found this mod a strange request seeing as the real preamp go for around 150-200$ used. How many sounds of the original could this cop? Also interested in the tones it produces but would be cool to see it side by side with the real deal.

Yeah I saw one at the guitar store down the street the other day for $165.

Kapo_Polenton said:

Big reason I want it is I love the ADA tones, but they are noisy as hell. Given my experience with Rob's work, I am betting this will be pretty quiet 8)

You would win that bet.....dead quiet. If I hadn't just bought an MP-1 for 50 bucks, it would be staying.......

50$$!! ****, steal of a price. I bet in another few years we will see a lot of them hover around 100$ which will be a great price for a tube preamp. I think the fact that they scream 80's and look more like a processor than they do a tube pre makes the boutique and modern tone hunters turn their noses up at them..

50 bucks is pretty sick...I really tried to mesh with mine a few years ago but I couldn't dial the 80s out of it...I liked what it did, but just hoped for a little more...I think I paid 150 and thought I got a steal years ago!

Oh man... If only I had the money to buy back all my old modules... :lol:

I'm glad it found a good home! It's a cool mod. I sent my "slightly" tweaked MP-1 to Rob, when he built the 80.A. So, it's not entirely a stock MP-1 tone... it's a touch sweeter. The opamps & caps were upgraded on the MP-1 unit... and THAT is what the 80.A was based on. To give a little background... I used to be a regular on the ADAdepot site... and this was a very common tweak for the MP-1. The caps made the unit quieter & the opamp gave it a touch more tube-tone.

So basically... if you like the stock MP-1, you would probably love this upgrade... and if you're into the MP-1 tone, but want to stay in the MTS format, then the 80.A will definitely make ya happy. :)