G Major2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like the T.C. Electronic G Major2?

• Love it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daryl

Reaction score
Anybody using a TC Electronic G Major2 in their effects loop? I would like to hear about your experiences and share preset patches. I use all analog on the front end and the TC in the serial loop It is a great little unit that covers a lot of ground. If you hate it, lets hear about why. Love it or hate it what do you think?

I use one in the effects loop as well and honestly with all the features I can use my Plexi module for example for anything from Robin Trower to Rush to VH
I use a GC Pro into it and control the RM4 with MIDI thru it
I also use the latching feature on the Gmaj2 to change the voicing on my Mesa 2:90 (Deep and Modern)

Can't live without it

I have the Gmajor one..so I didnt vote onthe poll...butr I will say this..
great sound, flimsy construction.

I am concerned how long mine will hold out. I have no problems..but the knobs feel UBER-Cheap. Which is a shame.
Im thinking about buying a Gmajor2..as the price seems to have just come down a little.
The original didnt do whammy well..and no leslie effect..and the harmonizer was barely usable...when you wanted a third above you had to know how many cents that wa (RIDICULOUS).
The BOSS multifx units fixed THAT in 19996!!!!!!!!
So I am hoping people who have owned both will chime in...
Did they improve the build quality???????????????
Is the Gmajor2 just as sonically good as the G major??????????????
Are there any practical issues when programming the G Major2???

any help appreciatted.
GtrGeorge

I've been using the Gmaj2 for about a year now and I really like it. IMO it is much better construction than the first one and much improved sound wise as well. The reverbs and delays are excellent and the modulation FX are on par with the G system. The Whammy and wah effects are still not the greatest, but the intelligent pitch harmonizing works very good--considering the cost of the box. I use it live on several classic rock songs-Boston, Night Ranger, Bad Co--no problems. Set the key and mode you want, set the interval and your done.
I find it easy to program and easy to dial in a good sounding patch in quickly.
It's a great mid level multi Fx box.

GtrGeorge! said:
I have the Gmajor one..so I didnt vote onthe poll...butr I will say this..
great sound, flimsy construction.

I am concerned how long mine will hold out. I have no problems..but the knobs feel UBER-Cheap. Which is a shame.
Im thinking about buying a Gmajor2..as the price seems to have just come down a little.
The original didnt do whammy well..and no leslie effect..and the harmonizer was barely usable...when you wanted a third above you had to know how many cents that wa (RIDICULOUS).
The BOSS multifx units fixed THAT in 19996!!!!!!!!
So I am hoping people who have owned both will chime in...
Did they improve the build quality???????????????
Is the Gmajor2 just as sonically good as the G major??????????????
Are there any practical issues when programming the G Major2???

any help appreciatted.
GtrGeorge
Well George,
The build quality is much better, for starters. I know how weak the knobs were on the G Major, but the 2 is a different animal. They are still plastic, but they have a much better feel and are way more durable in construction. The effects are updated with many being 1:1 from the acclaimed G System. The whammy is good if you have a decent enough controller. I personally think that it sounds great and not as "muffled" as in the G Major, if you know what I mean. The delays and reverbs are really incredible and beautiful. The harmonizer is a huge plus if you are into that sort of thing. It is an intelligent harmonizer and frankly it is much better than almost anything out there at any price. All in all, it is a good follow up to the G Major and it does a few new tricks as well.
Here is a short demo that showcases and explains the Harmonizer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdF8UBA2uNc
And another decent demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_njX52NyaA&feature=related

thank you for the reviews..I am stalking a new Gmaj2...right now.
GtrGeorge