G3 and G3Plus

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamuraiGecko

Reaction score
First off I would like to say HI to everyone here at randall forums . .

This is my first post, so I will get right to the point strait away.

I am thinking of purchasing a Randall G3 or G3Plus. The main question I have about this before I purchase is,
- What is the difference between the Plus model and the standard G3 model? -

I am unsure as to what Wattage amp I will purchase as yet, although I do have the opportunity to buy a RH300G3 (not Plus) for fairly cheap.

To anyone able to answer this question well, thank you in advance.

I am an experienced guitarist, 33 years old and Ive been playing since I was 9. I have been in many bands and owned many amps. I really love the sound of the new randall range but need to know more info than the website provides before I can make a true decision to make the switch.

ESPs
Deans
VERY old school marshall 100w head.
Make my own cabs.
Boss ME-50.

I have been wanting to purchase an new amp myself and I was thinking of getting this amp to and just replacing the tube but now I've read about 6 reviews and they are all bad except for one.Come on ppl some buddy helps us guys decide!!!

heys guys hope this helps.

basically the G3 plus has a modified preamp and a new sweep control. the new preamp is meant to give more bite and gain compaired to the G3's. the G3 plus also has a new tone circuit in it, taken from the V2 amps, so it should sound much better, and have much more gain than the original. i have an orginal myself and am very tempted to get a plus.
also its worth changing the tube as soon as you get it if you do, as the stock tubes dont give as much gain and i find them to be slightly muddy especially for metal. i suggest getting a Ecc83 AX7 tube. it instantly added more clarity and gain to mine. anyway hope that helps. just hit me up if theres anything else i can help with.

Rock on guys!!!

well, according to the literature I got with my RG75 G3, it basically says the same thing the plus series amps are claiming. also, i will tell you it is an amazing amp.