GCX Question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HughJasol

Reaction score
Just got a GCX . . . Never had a dedicated switcher before, I've just been using the loops & relays on my G-System, which has served me well.

The GCX documentation is kind of sparse - is there some way to have the output from my wireless system connect to the rear of the GCX? To me it looks like the only connection possibility is to connect the guitar input signal to the front input jack; which really kinda sucks in a pure rack configuration. Am I missing something here? I can't imagine designing a piece of rack gear like this that doesn't allow all connections to be made in the rear of the unit.

Yes, I like rack gear that has redundant input connections available in the front too (like my M4s and my G-System), but I at least want to be able to connect everything in the rear . . .

Why not connect it to Input of one of the channels and then route from there?

JKD said:
Thanks Steve . . . I just now realized that myself while sitting here looking through the manual again - duh! I didn't need to worry about using the buffered input.

Also, let's say I want 4 pedals hooked to the GCX - I need to use short patch cables to connect the loop outputs to the loop inputs huh? There's no internal routing between loops like on my G-System?

HughJasol said:
JKD said:
Thanks Steve . . . I just now realized that myself while sitting here looking through the manual again - duh! I didn't need to worry about using the buffered input.

Also, let's say I want 4 pedals hooked to the GCX - I need to use short patch cables to connect the loop outputs to the loop inputs huh? There's no internal routing between loops like on my G-System?

Yup...lots of short little jumper cables are needed.