GFS Pickups- any experience?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kranked4Christ

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am wondering if anyone has any experience with GFS pickups? I think they sound pretty good especially for the price of the clips I've heard. I also have a Duncan Designed HB-103 if you think that is any better. The pickup is for a George Lynch ESP LTD GL-200MT basswood body, floyd rose trem. What do you guys suggest????

They're okay, but I'd recommend TDH (look up Timpson music) or Rock Monkey for cheap, handmade pickups that cost about as much as a good DiMarzio.

I will check on both of those- thanks for the reply and thanks to anyone else out there who has direct GFS experience!!!

I've ordered from Guitar Fetish before, and the service is great. A buddy built a custom tele and threw a set of GFS pickups in there and LOVED it. He's got one of the best live tones I've ever heard too.

I put a set in my tele and they sound better than most stock pickups, they're not quite Semour's or Dimarzio's.

I have a GFS Hot-rails or whatever it's called in my strat.

Very chunky and good sound :) Does exactly what's advertised.

I do have to say the finishing is cheapish, not bad quality but not as tight as for instance Dimarzio's.
It doesn't bother me at all, because they don't cost a **** and the sound is good! :)