GRAIL METAL TONE WITH AND WITHOUT BOOST

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schlagdog

Reaction score
For those who asked about what the modules sound like without the L6 Screamer in my metal video here is a really quick one to show you the GRAIL without a screamer boost.

http://youtu.be/n-FvrhQS7s4

Thanks man. I kinda like the sound without the boost, but I see how it seems to cut through in your mix a bit better with it on. I have owned a Grail for a long time myself and it's been my go to metal module for years (without boost). I have recently gotten some modded modules and have a few more choices now though. But Grail is Definitely one of the good ones! Basically all of the Lynch modules have been my favourite stock mods. Haven't tried the Ian's.

Interesting... Thanks Schlagdog! Although they sound very similar on my PC, you can definitely hear the increased gain. It's good to know about the altered settings.

Hey what preamp tubes are you running in the Grail? Also, I love the blue lights inside the head.

Speaking of LED's....what was your strategy in rigging up the LED's in the head? where did you place the LED's? are they chained? Did you hook them up to the DC current of the head?

Thanks in advance
It looks sweeet

The other people that have done it attached the to the 12v fan header. I'm considering replacing the fan with a small LED lit PC fan for much the same effect.

The spread out LEDs probably look better though... Not sure if he's done the same thing.

LunatiBSW said:
Speaking of LED's....what was your strategy in rigging up the LED's in the head? where did you place the LED's? are they chained? Did you hook them up to the DC current of the head?

Thanks in advance
It looks sweeet

Bought 2 24" light strips from autozone. They are the perfect size for the amp. They have sticky tape on them and stuck them right to the inside lip of the front grill on the top and bottom. Just splice right into the fan wires and they come on as soon as you turn on the amp. They have been onthere for a couple years and have never fell off or had a problem. It will light up a dark room.

actually doesnt sound bad..probably the least favorite of all the modules Ive owned though....

I like the video. The audio sounds really clean.
I also like the production quality. It is simple and effective.
The LEDs look sick in your RM100 too BTW.
:twisted: :shock: :twisted:

My other video is way better with all 7 modules. My strings are actually pretty dead on the guitar I used. That's a bad pic of the randall's LEDs. It's really alot brighter than it looks it that pic. I think I have some better pics on the RIGS section

The mids are straight up 12 o'clock in the video.

I usually set my grail miss anywhere from 11:30 to 1:30 o'clock...sounds tits!

Yep, right at noon. I keep my house looking like a vampire lair so I had to use the flash and got some serious glare off the chrome.

schlagdog said:
My other video is way better with all 7 modules.
You mean this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWja3FkU7rc&feature=related

Great Videos and sound !
I wanted to sell my RM100, but think about keeping it now.
Here in germany Randall isn't known very well and you get to less money for a great amp.
I sold all my modules and start now from the beginning.
I've never played a grail, but could get one for a good price.
Is it really your favourite module out of a lot of great modules you have ?
Thanks, Sascha

Yes. The Grail is by far the best. Did you watch my other metal video where I demo'd all the modules I have?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWja3FkU7rc&sns=em

What three tones do you need?

Grail for heavy stuff is a good start, it has been my favourite stock module for metal, hardcore, Dream Theater etc.

If you need a nice low to mid gain crunch that cleans up well, get a Brahma, if you don't need it to clean up, and you don't mind hotrodded slightly higher gain Marshall tone, get a GTO Judge.

If you want a high gain modded Marshall type module, get a Mr Scary, or SL+ for a similar, but different slant on this tone.

If I had to live with 3 stock modules for everything, I think this would be it. Hard to decide between the Brahma and Judge, because I really love the Judge, but since it doesn't really clean up, it'd have to be the Brahma.

But hey, this is just my needs.