GREAT NEW OD PEDAL

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mailman1971

Reaction score
Ok,
Like everyone I am always searching for something to give me a TWIST on the tone. Well I was reading up on the Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive. Something about it has the same wiring or close to the TIMMY pedal. Well I been using a Monte Modded Boss SD-1. But the price on the Dano pedal was great (about 40 bucks)
MAN......this thing is AWESOME!!! GREAT FULL tone and it really BRINGS it to the amp. No mid or bass cut AT ALL! Great full rich tone. Never heard a TIMMY but this thing is SUPERB!!!
Check one out if you get a chance. I play mostly metal or hard rock and the pedal in front of my amp puts the tone into another league.
No kidding. 8)
Chime in if you ever had a chance to hear one.
This isnt the DRIVE pedal, but the Gold color one. Transparent Overdrive.
You wont be sorry. :D

Mailman1971 said:
Ok,
Like everyone I am always searching for something to give me a TWIST on the tone. Well I was reading up on the Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive. Something about it has the same wiring or close to the TIMMY pedal. Well I been using a Monte Modded Boss SD-1. But the price on the Dano pedal was great (about 40 bucks)
MAN......this thing is AWESOME!!! GREAT FULL tone and it really BRINGS it to the amp. No mid or bass cut AT ALL! Great full rich tone. Never heard a TIMMY but this thing is SUPERB!!!
Check one out if you get a chance. I play mostly metal or hard rock and the pedal in front of my amp puts the tone into another league.
No kidding. 8)

I have one....$40 bucks and stands up to most of my boutique pedals! very good OD...but the switch went on me after a month :(

My Cusack V2 Screamer is still the Holy Grail though.

Mike

Cusack is on my list.......but this sounded good for the price and I am pleasantly impressed! :shock:

dont have to convince me dan. as long as your happy thats all that matters. for along time i was dead set agienst od pedals. ask rob.

then one day i just said f-it i'm gonna try a reall nice one. next thing you know, i loved it. it turned out perfect for me.

I was ANTI-PEDAL as well for MANY years!
Now I freaking love the EDGE it gives. There is a Cusack screamer on the Bay right now for $200 shipped........
Maybe someday. Right now that Dano pedal is freaking SWEEEEET!! :D

the dano is what i use when i use a pedal ... and for $40 it's a slap in the face to most boutique pedal builders :lol: :twisted: .. great boost pedal for a great price

yeah, Danelectro thieves are very well known :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma6HjVb3doM

but exist a lot of good stompboxes, from cheapest like Behringer (mechanically ****, sound good), CoolCat, BadMonkey, or Rocktron Austin Gold.
And huuuuuge amount of perfect effects from custom makers....... everybody can choose his own......

Mailman1971 said:
Ok,
No kidding. 8)

Haven't tried one cause I forgot about the Dano! :shock: But I will now, at that price it's well worth trying a TOD to see if I want one.

I'll have teo drag my RM100 into a local store and check one out too :) I may prefer it over the MXR Bass DI/OD that I'm currently using (although the added 3 band EQ adds SO much more flexibility, and as long as I keep the distortion on that and the EQ button off it's amazing...)