GRX4 Question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raz311

Reaction score
Hi Guys

After some info from Jimosity, I am thinking at buying a GRX4 Switcher and a MFC5 midi controller to work my pre amp channels and stomp box effects.
My questions are, have any of you used these before and how to I hook up my pedals to the RM itself.

Currently my FX chain is as follows:
Direct in : WAH, Boss Tuner, Boss Octave
Series: EQ, ISP Decimator Pedal, EH Holy Grail Reverb
Parallel: Boss DD6 Delay, Chorus Ensemble and Flanger.

Thanks guys, any help is appreciated!!
Cheers
Gavin

Your going to love the MFC5, somewhere on the forum is a pic of my pedal board with both the MFC5 and GRX4.

The Boss pedals aren't really going to work well in the loop's as they are not the right line level. You really need to tell us which pedals you want to be able to switch in and out via midi. Are you using the EQ for boost or sound shaping?

I would connect as such....
Guitar -> Tuner -> WAH -> Octave -> GRX In A (Chorus, Flanger, DD6) Out A into amp in. Series Loop Out GRX In B (ISP) Out B to Loop Return.
Reverb in Parallel Loop (or use amps reverb). If you use the EQ for boost I might put that in the GRX loop B with the ISP.

Another options is the put the Octave, Chorus, Flanger, DD6 in the GRX4 and run the out A to the B In on the GRX.

Give me some more details. The good thing is the midi capabilities in the MTS amps were designed by Mario at Axess Electronics so your keeping it in the family :)

Hey Ned

Thanks for the reply. Forgot to add my amp is the Lynch Box RM100LB with Blackface, KH2 and KH3.

I currently use an EBTECH line level shifter also, will that help?

Mainly I wanted the Chorus, Delay, Flanger and Reverb switchable via midi. I don't use the Octave as much as the others so I am quite happy to continue to switch that manually. As for the EQ I use that for shaping rather than a boost. So basically I wanted presets something along the lines of a clean channel with Chorus, a Rhythm channel with the KH2 only, Kh3 with Delay only, KH3 with Reverb only and maybe something with the Flanger. I am sick of tap dancing so I want something where I can use single pedal tones with the convenience of a multi effects switching type system.
Thanks again for your help and let me know if you have any other questions for me! 8)

Cheers
Gavin

I would put those 4 in the loops of the GRX4, loop 4 will let you isolate so you could put that one in the parallel loop. The others I would put in front of the amp, Boss pedals are not meant to go in the loop. MFC5 and the GRX4 are easy to program.

Was just in Sydney back in June. One of my all time favorite cities - London is bad *** too. I've climbed the bridge, walked from Bronte along the cliffs and have had many a Victory Bitters in the pubs :) One of these times I'll actually get out of Sydney but I'm usually there for work.

Last trip we went to a Swan game at SCG, very cool game. My first trip was during the Ashes so of course I got exposed to Cricket, it was cool to just be in a Cricket Statium. My Bro-In-Law is in London at Lords something playing this week I think.

Awesome thanks again Ned. I think I will go for that set up. Just gotta place an order now :)

Yeah Sydney is a great place. I am born and bred here so I am biased :)

Never been to a Swans game to be honest, I am not really a fan of the AFL (Aussie Rules). I do love my Cricket though. The Ashes are always a great series. I hope you followed the game easily enough. You need ALOT of patience to watch Cricket.

BTW would I still use the EBtech if I run the GRX4 in the loop?

Gav

If the Holy Grail (where are my coconuts?) needs to be bumped to line level then you will need it as I think the buffer on the GRX4 is only on loops 1-3 - you might want to ask Mario though he responds to email.

It was learn to follow cricket or suffer so I picked it up pretty fast. Used to travel with a friend from India so I got a good explanation, pretty easy to pickup actually. When I was there in June AU was playing the Windies.

Sort of, the GCX is rack only, the GRX4 will fit on or under a pedal board. The GCX has more loops, 8 I think.

But it does the same thing though? If I hook my pedals up to individual loops and use a midi controller it works the same as the GRX4? One button push for amp channel and fx changing? Thanks Again mate. Next time you are in Sydney I'll shout you several VB's :)