Guitar Recommendations

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on board with Julia's suggestions.

For me, the pickups make more of a difference to your sound than the brand of guitar. For example, I have a PRS Custom 24 and a Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite. I swear there's no difference in the playability or tone of these 2 guitars. You can pick up one on eBay for about $300, the other for about $1,500.

For blues, a good P90 guitar is indispensible. I'm lucky, I have a PRS McCarthy Soapbar but I bet a PRS SE equivalent sounds just as good and is way less spendy. Yes, P90's HUM but so do I if I forget the words.

For recording "sparkly" rhythm tracks, I use a guitar with lipstick pickups such as my Charvel Surfcaster.

Long story short ... pick a guitar that has the right type of pickups for your musical taste and playing style.

G&L USA legacy and S500 are fantastic choices. I have a USA S500 and it plays like a custom shop fender. Built solid. Or check out ESP eclipseII. You can find them with Seymour's used for about a grand.

US Guitar Masters builds incredible guitars. Since they are not as well known as the other boutique builders you can find them used for a steal. One of the best guitars I have played!