Help connecting to cab

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckmehh

Reaction score
Alright, my roommate's Randall XL cab has on the back:

INPUT

and

PAR OUT

What in the world is Par out? haha I've been using this cab forever just into the input, set to 8 ohms, and it's always been an amazing cab. With the RM4 and my stereo power amp though, I"d like to run in stereo.

Is the PAR OUT sufficient for that or does it serve another purpose? To run stereo, would I need another cab altogether? I have another Basson 4x12 at home, but I wanted to avoid bringing it to school if at all possible.

Thanks guys!
Hunter

Par out is for connecting to a second speaker cabinet not an input.

It stands for Parallel out, indicating that whatever load is connected there will be in parallel to the current load.

For a single cab you should connect to the input and set the amp to 8Ohms.

If you daisy chain 2 8Ohm cabs together this way, the total load is 4Ohms and that's what the head should be set to.

JKD said:
Par out is for connecting to a second speaker cabinet not an input.

It stands for Parallel out, indicating that whatever load is connected there will be in parallel to the current load.

For a single cab you should connect to the input and set the amp to 8Ohms.

If you daisy chain 2 8Ohm cabs together this way, the total load is 4Ohms and that's what the head should be set to.

Much thanks sir.

Here's the weird thing: if I connect into to the par out instead of the input on the cab, it sounds exactly the same; it still works and everything!

So normally the PAR out is for daisy chaining another cab? I never understood daisy chaining haha Why couldn't I just have another cab and connect to it the same way I do this one? Do I have to daisy chain them?

Seems it would be for an amp that doesnt have a two output option. Yeah its not going to matter which jack you plug into on that cab, they both go to the speakers. I guess essentially with right ohm setting and you could run 4 cabs with 2 outputs from the head.

BigBrewtus said:
Seems it would be for an amp that doesnt have a two output option. Yeah its not going to matter which jack you plug into on that cab, they both go to the speakers. I guess essentially with right ohm setting and you could run 4 cabs with 2 outputs from the head.

BRILLIANT! haha Wow I didn't even consider that . Good point sir. Alright, that's clarified now :D.

Thanks!