Help with my 'Ultra Lead'

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newAgePunk

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need a bit of help!

I am trying to use my 'Ultra Lead' module which came with my RM100 as a bit of a test module to try some mods out. I have done the C3 Switch mod (albeit quite noob style), but it did seem to work. Although I do notice a massive difference when switching between the 0.001 and 0.0022 caps.

I now want to add more gain to the module and I have tried a few things with R16 but it is having no effect on the sound. It originally had a single black stripe resistor in R16 and I tried the piggy backed 3k3 resistor but it made no difference at all. I since found out that the black stripe resistor is really just a wire, so I wondered whether that was the reason it didn't make a difference to the tone or gain. So I tried putting a 2k7, 150k and 470k resistor in R16 one at a time and it still made no difference. So I removed the resistor all together and still no change to the sound.

So I then started trying to look around and compare my board to others and it seems to be fairly different. I am very new to the world of electronics but on closer inspection quite a few of the solders on components look different to those standard perfect little solder mounds around the board.

I am thinking this is a modded module, so this is where I need some help.

Can anyone help me in identifying this module and maybe what it has had done.

I am happy to provide any more info or photo's you need.

[img=http://s11.postimage.org/e0qt76ttb/my_Ulead.jpg]

Thanks
Brad

Latest posts