Is this a good price?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CitizenCain

Reaction score
I can get a used RM20 head with a tweed module for $600. It's black and in good shape, sounds fine.

There's also one on eBay right now..they don't come up often but not many know about 'em so you might score a bargain.

Yeah, I'm watching that one on eBay.

In that other thread, it never really says how much he got for his RM20. One guy sold his for about $400, but it doesn't say if there was a module with it or not.

So am I sensing that $600 might be considered a little high? It wouldn't surprise me, the shop it's in isn't known for their hellacious deals.

CitizenCain said:

In that other thread, it never really says how much he got for his RM20. One guy sold his for about $400, but it doesn't say if there was a module with it or not.

So am I sensing that $600 might be considered a little high? It wouldn't surprise me, the shop it's in isn't known for their hellacious deals.

I'm the one who bought shred-o-holic RM20 :lol: ..$435 shipped to Canada...now time to bend over for customs :shock:

CitizenCain said:

$600 is a touch high...depends on the module..but if you figure that's worth about $125...then you're paying $475 for the amp and shipping...it's not a horrible price...but if it's local pickup, I'd definitely negotiate a bit :D

mike said:
CitizenCain said:

I'm the one who bought shred-o-holic RM20 :lol: ..$435 shipped to Canada...now time to bend over for customs :shock:

Dawg! I hope customs doesn't do it to you too badly :lol:

I bought a used Palamino RM20 head from here w/o modules for $375 shipped.

Having some problems with that one so I just picked up a new one from Musicians Friend. It must have been on close-out, because I just got it for $499. I guess I got the last because it's not listed on the site anymore. They still have the black one at $699.

>>Items in Your CartDescriptionQty Product # Each Total========================================================================================
Randall MTS Series RM20 15W Guitar Amp Headwithout Modules Palomino*1 481125 715 $499.99 $499.99 Subtotal: $ 499.99
Shipping: $9.99 Standard Shipping (2-5 business days)TOTAL : $ 509.98
*Applicable Sales Tax will be added for UT, WA, IN, and MO orders. * NOTE: Stock quantities are updated every 15 minutes. There is a slight possibilitythat it may be sold out when your order is processed. We will contact you if this happens.Thank you for your understanding.

Webb said:
I bought a used Palamino RM20 head from here w/o modules for $375 shipped.

Having some problems with that one so I just picked up a new one from Musicians Friend. It must have been on close-out, because I just got it for $499. I guess I got the last because it's not listed on the site anymore. They still have the black one at $699.

>

Killer price...

Hey, if the RM20 needs to go back to Randall for service, I'll go halves with ya on the shipping. I had no idea there was anything wrong with it but I hate to see ya have to buy another.

Steve

Steve, thanks for the offer, but I have a guy looking at it. He seems to think it's a simple fix. And I was planning on getting a 2nd head anyway, and it was too good of a deal to pass up.

ship USPS and you avoid brokerage and whatnot. if you ship UPS you will get raped at the border.