ISP Technologies Decimator

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfshockey

Reaction score
The GString is worth the price increase....The GString has an actual guitar in and out (separate from the Decimator part) that controls the gate EXTREMELY well...Then you also have the Deci in and out and that's where you cut the noise...

Hope that helps...

The standard Decimator has a preset gate that's OK but pales in comparison to GString....

:D

Thanks for the reply, Fig!

So you would run your guitar in and out separately from the pedals?

Right now, I do not use my loop at all. I have a Tuner, Wah, Noise Supressor & OD all running through the front. How would that setup change if I sprung for the G-String version?

mfshockey said:
Thanks for the reply, Fig!

So you would run your guitar in and out separately from the pedals?

Right now, I do not use my loop at all. I have a Tuner, Wah, Noise Supressor & OD all running through the front. How would that setup change if I sprung for the G-String version?

My pleasure good man.... :D

Yep, from the guitar to the guitar input on the deci gstring and your guitar out to wherever you used to plug your guitar into....

With the FX you have...I'd run it like this...

Tuner
Wah
OD
Gstring
FX....

You won't regret getting one....Seriously, revolutionary and downright awesome....It cuts ALL the noise and allows your guitar to come thru just like it would with Deci off....Every time I use mine I smile a bit....Great for everything and no longer am I the "squeal" guy in the band....

The difference is it has two channels basically. It's designed to be the pedal version of the pro rack g. You are supposed to run it to the front end of your amp and also the effects look to completely silence your amp signal.

What's the difference between the ProrackG and the Decimator G? I'm in the process of buying the Prorack G new at a great price. So I'm wondering if there's really that much of a difference.

If you are talking about the G String pedal and the Decimator ProrackG. The Prorack has two independent channels to adjust. The G string pedal uses a common channel for both guitar and loop.

Mattfig said:
So the ProRack is not just a stereo version of Gstring pedal?

I know there's a two ProRacks, one is the Stereo Mod and the other one is just a Dual Channel version. That brings me to my other question. What's the difference between those two? lol

I'm pretty sure the Gstring is just a stripped down version of the ProrackG with 1 shared channel. While tue ProrackG has 2 indepamdant channels. . I just got a ProrackG and it seems ok but I was doing the same stuff with my Line6 m13. I was running it through the series loop for effects. It has a built in noise gate that is universal to the output of the unit then I would turn on a noise gate pedal in the loop and it gated perfectly. The ProrackG seems a bit slow to me but I bought it because I got it for $150 at a pawnshop and am slowly putting together a rack. I didn't spent a ton of time with it but I'm sure I will get it all set up great. It is really the standard for noise reduction in racks all over the world.

schlagdog said:
I'm pretty sure the Gstring is just a stripped down version of the ProrackG with 1 shared channel. While tue ProrackG has 2 indepamdant channels. . I just got a ProrackG and it seems ok but I was doing the same stuff with my Line6 m13. I was running it through the series loop for effects. It has a built in noise gate that is universal to the output of the unit then I would turn on a noise gate pedal in the loop and it gated perfectly. The ProrackG seems a bit slow to me but I bought it because I got it for $150 at a pawnshop and am slowly putting together a rack. I didn't spent a ton of time with it but I'm sure I will get it all set up great. It is really the standard for noise reduction in racks all over the world.

Well I'm getting it new for $385 plus $20 shipping. Would you recommend the the Gstring over the Prorack G? BTW the Prorack G that I'm looking at is the stereo mod.

I think ISP just made the gstring for people that didn't want a rack setup. Otherwise you would have to own two decimator pedals. The prorackG stereo has an Extra input and output on the back. You are supposed to run it if you run a two amp setup. I actualyl was looking at all the boss ns2 stuff and it looks like it runs exactly like a gstring. I should know this since I have two of them laying around my house. Oddly I never tried to hook it up in that way through the RM100. I know I tried to run it through the loop alone once and it total wouldn't work when you ran the module levels to high because it was overloading it or something. I probably had it going through the wrong inputs on the ns2 though. I was just reading something about an X pattern hookup on the ns2 that it supposed to be magic.

I have the regular ISP Decimator... and it def lives up to the hype. Unwanted noise is basically non-existent in my rig, but it still allows controlled feedback through if you set the threshold properly. I have only one complaint: sustain is either cut short or the note tails off strangely. Perhaps that is where the G String comes in since it supposedly tracks the guitar signal better.

+1 G String
built in noise gate on my TC G system was producing weird volume flux on chugging rythyms so now I use the g string only - I still get a low end feed back occasionally but all hiss and squeals gone. I'm sure I can dail the remaining problem out if I sit down and pay attention....

I have to agree w danger5oh. I noticed the note dying out "oddly" as well the first time I played through mine, but how often hold a note that long? Either way it blows the old Hush Ultra I had out of the water.

With the G-string the gate is controlled by your dry guitar signal.

Better than two decimator pedals as the gate open/close is set by your guitar signal so it's as if there are two pedals that are talking to each other.

With the g-string you don't need to turn the pedal off when you switch to the clean channel.