It's all in how you set it up

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walshinator666

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for helping me properly set up my racks.On my post (hissss) I said hooking it up in series made it sound crappy,boy was I wrong.With some patience it tweeking my sound i found the true power of the MTS.I think my sound is owesome,I'm wondering now if it was smart getting rid of my Salvation Angel.The moduals are much more tweekable and the decimator is now 100% quieter I can't really tell if it's on.If anyone doesn't know how to hook up a rm4 and a rt2/50 with other racks(especially a decimator)this is what worked for me check out the thread.Once again thanks to all the knowledgable people that help make this stuff work

Exactly.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With the MTS system so much is in the hands od the player..it IS an instrument unto itself.
Some players are actually not ready for that. They prefer a puchbutton tone. With out MTS gear, we can have so much more versatality...which is both a good and bad thing.
If ya just plug into it, with any effort it might sound not so special. It might make you long for a simple amp. But with a few tries and doing stuff at different setting you can find a zone that is AMAZING.
I play out routinely with 4 remarkably different tones...and each is very playable from very quiet dynamics to very,very loud dynamics. And from very clean (thanks Salvation Lonestar!!!!!!!!) to very dirty.

..but I hear ya....it isnt automatic.
GtrGeorge (in The Fuse and solo guy)

I've had this too. A sort of rediscovering of the awesomeness!

And the modded modules have this even more, I just keep finding sweeter sweet spots!
I think there are some people who are a bit too impatient with it.. "pushbutton tone" (good wording GtrGeorge;) ) is good at first but gets crap as it gets older, with this it's the other way around. :) (but then it starts with "great" instead of crap and grows even better)