Jason Lollar pickups and Hipshot tremolo

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
I'm picking up one of my favorite guitars from the repair shop tomorrow. I'm super excited to hear my Jason Lollar pickups and try my Hipshot tremolo! I haven't had a guitar with a tremolo for a few months now and it's been driving me nuts! It a big part of the new song I'm working on.
Have a nice holiday weekend everyone!
Jace

I started with a standard Imperial. I wanted something with a vintage output for this guitar. If it works out I'm putting an Imperial high wind in another guitar.

audiomidijace said:
I started with a standard Imperial. I wanted something with a vintage output for this guitar. If it works out I'm putting an Imperial high wind in another guitar.

Awesome choice....I have a guitar with an overwound Lollar Imperial at the bridge and a standard at the neck...It is AWESOME....Lollar's P90s are also to die for....I was never a P90 guy until his pickups...I could go on and on...He's very personable and pro...Gives you exactly what you want...Nope, not inexpensive...But not even close to being a rip-off- they're worth every penny....

Can't wait to hear your opinion on them...

We'll see how it goes. There are three things I know I don't like for "my" tone: Super Hot output pickups, EMG active pickups and Dimarzio pickups. I'm not saying these are badly made or that other players don't sound fantastic with them. They just don't work for me. I've tried just about every Seymour Duncan and Gibson pickup. I've also tried Lots of Tom Anderson pickups, EVH, Rio Grande, GFS and Lace Sensors & Alumitones.
I still haven't tried Bare Knuckle, Bill Lawrence, Nordstrand, Joe Barden or Lindy Fralin though.
The endless quest for tone......

The Hipshot tremolo is fantastic! Feels wonderful.
The Loller Imperial is really cool too.
It's REALLY clean and very articulate.
I think it's going to work out nicely.
But now I'm wondering if I should try a Suhr DSV+ or SSV+ in the next one.
The only Suhr humbucker I've installed was the Doug Aldrich bridge pickup. I really HATED that pickup! I never even looked at the specs. I just like Doug's tone and thought I'd give them a try. Turns out they run at 17.5K.
These others are only 10K.
I'll play with the Lollar a little longer before I decide.
Cheers,
Jace

Hi Jace,

if you decide to unload the lollars, I am nearby with cash in hand...tee hee.

Seeya!