Jet City Eminence speakers sound awesome

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamner1

Reaction score
I won 1 on ebay & got it last week (I originally was bidding on 2 lost on one :cry: ). It sounded awesome, so I have another coming. :D

I plugged the one in to the top right spot. I figured it would give me a better representation with the sound coming more up into my head area instead of at my feet. Although somedays those probably have a better sense for good tone than my ears. :lol: At any rate the setup right now:
Left = Eminence Peavey Sheffield speakers top & bottom
Right = Jet City top & Peavey Sheffield bottom
The Jet City speaker has a nice more pronounced midrange & presence than the Sheffields. It is not shrill or ice picky at all.
After the other one arrives I plan to 1st run the right side all Jet City & the left Sheffields. This will give me a better idea of their true tone without the coloration of the Sheffield. If I dig this more I will go with replacing the other speakers. If not I'll move the 2nd Jet City speaker to the top left and roll with that. Then comes the fun of locating more Jet City's. The other option is maybe going with the Swamp Thang, although the Jet Cit speakers were described as, tone wise very simlar to Eminence Swamp Thang but a little less brash & less high end, so I'm not sure I would like the Swamp Thang.

FYI I did an A/B of Left-Right. I turned down the poweramp output to whichever side I was not listening to at the time.

I like 'em. Had a good play through their 20watt head and a 2x12 cabinet a while back. When the other guitarist in the band was in the market for a 2x12, I suggested he check Jet City out. He's sounding pretty good now. Looking forward to hear them once they've broken in. :)

VitaminG said:
I like 'em. Had a good play through their 20watt head and a 2x12 cabinet a while back. When the other guitarist in the band was in the market for a 2x12, I suggested he check Jet City out. He's sounding pretty good now. Looking forward to hear them once they've broken in. :)

:shock: I hadn't even thought about that the speaker is new & not broken in. My tone can only get better I suspect.

I'm waiting on the 2nd 1 & it seems as of late I am getting less patient waiting for deliveries. :idea: Maybe it's time to hit the local shop for awhile. :lol: