Jet City speakers

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamner1

Reaction score
I got the 2nd speaker today. I plugged in as descibed, in another thread, with both JCAs on channel 1 & the Stocks on channel 2. I didn't really tweak 2 much on the tone controls. There is a pronounced brightness that I hadn't really heard before from the side with JCAs. I was able to switch the bright switch off and still have some nice presence and clarity from the JCA side. It sounded good but didn't quite fill out the chugg I like when palm muting the low E or A string. The best way I can describe it is, it is more of a Warren/Ratt tone compared to GLs tone from the 80s. While I like that tone, I like GLs tone more.
I swapped the speaker to the other side so it looks like this now:
JCA JCA
1290 1290

I think this will give me more of that low mids chugg I like. Unfortunaely tone testing, this configuration, has to wait until tomorrow when people are out of the house, so I can turn it up again. If this pans out as I expect, I think the Man O' War might be a good pairing to get the low mid chugg with the presence/clarity of the JCA.

Sort of a teaser, I also got the Rocktron Nitro today as well. In my opinion this is a better unit to boost the signal to the front of the amp than the TS9. The tweed responded ok, the Grail loved it, and the SL+ loved it almost as much as the Grail. I'm thinking it will be fun to test it with the GTO when that arrives.