JF 59RR vs. my current modules?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yassirst

Reaction score
First thing first, i'm new in the MTS world... my first post too...

I currently owns the following modules:

JTM, Plexi, 1086, Judge, Mr. scary and Grail. All stock. I found the sound just...amazing...

I will soon send the JTM to Rob as a donor for a custom 59RR.

What are your suggestion for future modification (for a Marshall guy)?

Which module is just overkill to keep after i get the 59RR?

Thanks everyone!!

Like someone said in my recent post on the 59RR, it is like having all of the Marshall's in one preamp. As I also said in that thread, I kept the stock plexi so that I can switch between the two and not have to reach back and tweak knobs. I would suggest going to Rob's site and listening to or watching the videos/sound clips of all the different mods and then decide which ones to pick up. There are other modders there and they apparently do great work too, but I am not sure if there are a lot of clips of the amps. Matt Figg and his videographer Dixie Wrecked do great work on the videos.

ricky said:
Like someone said in my recent post on the 59RR, it is like having all of the Marshall's in one preamp. As I also said in that thread, I kept the stock plexi so that I can switch between the two and not have to reach back and tweak knobs. I would suggest going to Rob's site and listening to or watching the videos/sound clips of all the different mods and then decide which ones to pick up. There are other modders there and they apparently do great work too, but I am not sure if there are a lot of clips of the amps. Matt Figg and his videographer Dixie Wrecked do great work on the videos.

yes I agree with you for the plexi but in my case it's impossible for the moment (RM20) :oops:

So in my opinion if the plexi is better covered by the 59RR I do not need it anymore ..
But what do you think of the other modules, especially those based on Marshall (judge and scary)

JTM, Plexi, 1086, & Judge are all covered by the 1959 in a better way. The scoop side of the 1086 is the only sound not covered, and that sound is mud anyway. Yes, there are shades of gray between the tones, if you're a Marshall freak you may want them all- but may not need them all. I would start modding each one out.

The Scary and Grail are pretty cool stockers.

If you go with the 59RR Custom, just about all of those modules will be covered except the Grail. I'd say the module I'd most likely part with out of the bunch is the Plexi, maybe the JTM as a close second. These will both be more than covered and carry minimal regret of potentially lost tones.

I look forward to working with you!

Rob

This is only my opinion... But I'd keep the 1086 if you like it. I love mine with my EQ in the loop. I don't think it's sound is really covered by my 59RR. It's just different. It has (which I can't really explain) a "tighter" distortion.. Which makes it better for down tuning too. But I agree, you could lose some other mods as stated by others.