JF Mark X

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
This module is a flat out masterpiece! Finally got a chance to crank it up today, and it sounds great in a variety of settings. Easily can scoop it up and make it a brutal metal machine, but I also love the way the mid boost feels on leads. The choices Rob made for the 3way bass cap are perfect. Most impressive is how quiet this thing is on loud volumes with hi gain- dbs around 98 in a a medium sized room and no unwanted feedback to fight and low levels of hiss- just the beautiful swell of controlled feedback.

Best news for me is the di tone- I've been playing through headphones at night into my 11R, some of the modules don't have the same magic in this format, but this Mark X excels in this category.

As always, Rob gave great communication beforehand in guiding me towards the right module and options- and a turnaround time of less than 1week!

5/5 star transaction :D

I still need to try the Mark X. Rob just updated two of my modules that were originally done in 2009 and even with waiting on a part to arrive over a weekend, I still had them back in a week.

You need to send that MarkX to me to play with...swap you with teh Voxless for a few days or so? :)

So can you guys dial in the sustaining leads ala Santana? I've heard the chunk, but does it do smooth as well?

Daryl said:
So can you guys dial in the sustaining leads ala Santana? I've heard the chunk, but does it do smooth as well?
Sure can. I was playing some sweet singing lead stuff ala' Santana and Satriani while burning in Ray's module and loving it.

Please refrain from further extolling this module's virtues until my own Mark X arrives. The anticipation grows more agonizing with each passing hour.

Sold...
I got one on order.
I am stoked and can hardly wait to get some JF tone in my rig. :D

My Mamba has been cast out, so the Mark X is getting a lot of attention. Truly an excellent module. I've been digging the scoop switch and then boos the mids to 12-2 oclock- great tones, super clarity without being dry.
Fantastic work, JF!

Mattfig said:
Daryl said:
Sold...
I got one on order.
I am stoked and can hardly wait to get some JF tone in my rig. :D

Prepare for tonegasm....Clean your jacks when you're done too! :)
I don't know what one can do to prepare for such a thing. However, I will put some plastic on the furniture. :lol:

On a serious note.
I like the amount of options that come with this mod. Especially at the price point. It's a great value on such a refined and flexible "Mark" module.
I am a big fan of those old MarkIIC+ and Mark4 type sounds. :D

I have still not actually played it yet, so what sold me was the youtube flic by Fig. You can get a pretty good idea of what it would sound like at home.
Sounds like harmonic bliss to me.

Daryl said:
On a serious note.
I like the amount of options that come with this mod. Especially at the price point. It's a great value on such a refined and flexible "Mark" module.
I am a big fan of those old MarkIIC+ and Mark4 type sounds. :D

I have still not actually played it yet, so what sold me was the youtube flic by Fig. You can get a pretty good idea of what it would sound like at home.
Sounds like harmonic bliss to me.

Thanks dude...That's the purpose of the videos and it's encouraging to hear that it is useful to someone- even if it's a weirdo like you...:twisted: ...I also like to jump at any opportunity to make ridiculous and childish humor...The Erect is getting the treatment this weekend... I recorded the funniest fart but just can't figure out where to place it in the video for best effect....

Just kidding Rob! :D :?:

Mattfig said:
I recorded the funniest fart but just can't figure out where to place it in the video for best effect....

So it has that typical loose low end?

Padum*tshh!* :lol:

m0jo said:
Mattfig said:
I recorded the funniest fart but just can't figure out where to place it in the video for best effect....

So it has that typical loose low end?

Padum*tshh!* :lol:

It was cabbage and beans night. So I believe there were some pretty punchy low-mids as well...

Padum*tshh!* :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://soundcloud.com/crankyrayhanky/mark-x-sample-6-15-11

A quick plug & play example...starts off with mid boost, 2nd half is the mid cut I like on rhythms

Crappy playing, but recorded dry no fx/eq
Ribbon mic>11Rack>ProTools

crankyrayhanky said:
http://soundcloud.com/crankyrayhanky/mark-x-sample-6-15-11

A quick plug & play example...starts off with mid boost, 2nd half is the mid cut I like on rhythms

Crappy playing, but recorded dry no fx/eq
Ribbon mic>11Rack>ProTools

Is that clipping a lot on the recording...only reason I ask is coz the wave image looks like it was really amp'd up loudness wise...