just a lil reverb...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdr94

Reaction score
wasnt sure if this belongs in the rig or amp section, but i'm a simple guy. i play just the amp dist. no fx for rhythm, light reverb on solos, and a lil more reverb on cleans. can anyone suggest the best way to add reverb to my set up. all i got is a rm100 and a v30 loaded randall cab.

i was thinkin gmajor but thats alot more than i need(although i'd utilize its ablilities) or should i just do somethin like the rocktron cyborg series? i'm just not up on the newest units and could use some advice. thanks in advance.

basically i'm not tryin to tap dance to solo or go clean

It depends on the sound you're going for.

I personaly like the reverb of a Fender style "tank" reverb and if I was desperate enough for "THAT" sound...I might buy a seperate reverb tank head thingy.
But, I'm not that particular about reverb (although I do like it on my clean stuff). I have an old Lexicon MPX-1 that is doing fine for me. Most any of the newer (10 years old or newer) rack units should fit the bill. No need to buy a heavy duty multi-effect that does everything but the kitchen sink if you only need reverb. It would be wasted processing power & more programming time/trouble. (theoreticly)
Some may tell you a floor pedal will do the trick. I didn't like the ones I tried 15 years ago...but now they may have some nice ones (check it out at least)

Hope I confused you even more :lol:

I have a Digitech hardwire reverb (Lexicon developed)

sounds great, but it's a tapdance and a couple of extra cables to get to the loop

yeah i got this old *** ibanez dmd2000 which i was thinkin of using, but its more modulation than reverb, guess i could just use a light chorus. i'm real suttle(sp.) with my effects. usually at a level of 10/100 % mix on the clean an about 4/100 on solo

i do have a gt6 that i could use, but i'm tryin to keep a light load. guess a gt6 takes as much space as a rack unit tho......

i really dont know the difference in reverb sound. maybe cause i only use so little and to actually hear the difference it has to be alot.

I would find a used pedal reverb with a wall wart (they eat batteries!!!)
and live with that. A used Boss pedal will do a nice job and if you can be patienet, maybe at 50-75 USD. Most other toys will be more hassle than they are worth,imho. Used tastefully, a Boss RV pedal can be a very good tool.
GtrGeorge

It would be nice, however, to set up a clean module of sorts to run on on tube (like some of the Salvation Orange mods can) and use that freed up space to put a little compact reverb unit into, perhaps based off of the Lexicon units. Maybe a trim pot or two to control depth and/or level, and a switch on the front to turn it on or off.

I personally like the looks of the new Digitech Hardwire pedal... maybe 3 trim pots, for depth, level, and model? :D

Try the Hardwire reverb in front. If it works it'll save you money on a level pad and cables. Being true bypass you can run it in front of your fuzzes if you have any.

I currently run a Marshall RV-1 in front but it's last because it's buffered -- this one has a real nice feature of a natural fade of the reverb when you switch it off. Problem is the buffer hiss when using the natural fade out side which doesn't exist in the straight on/off position. It's unnoticable through a Deluxe module, but through a Grail it gets amplified through 4 gain stages. Not annoying when you're playing, but is there when you're recording or not playing.

I dig the effect on clean tones, but I could probably just get one and run it subtly, and have it on the whole time so I don't tap dance. It could be interesting, seeing as how I don't do that many stop-start things.

what exactly is tap dancing on a guitar?! haha. perhaps this isn't a saying we have picked up down under (or perhaps I just live a very sheltered life!)

lolthrash said:
what exactly is tap dancing on a guitar?! haha. perhaps this isn't a saying we have picked up down under (or perhaps I just live a very sheltered life!)

Tap dancing refers to players with huge pedal boards constantly turning effects on/off.

Try the Hardwire reverb in front. If it works it'll save you money on a level pad and cables. Being true bypass you can run it in front of your fuzzes if you have any.

The Hardwire is at the right level without a pad....just doesn't sound right unless it's in the loop though.

tehuk said:
lolthrash said:

Tap dancing refers to players with huge pedal boards constantly turning effects on/off.
hahaha, noted!

I was looking for the same thing myself. What I ended up going with is the T.C. Electronics G sharp. Sure, there are better sounding reverbs out there but I find g sharp usable. Plus it midi programmable so once its setup, all you have to do is use the footswitch on the RM100 to switch between your lead, rhythm, and clean channels and your reverbs/effects will change at the same time.

...if you like alot of control MIDI is still a good way to go. But you have to work at it...so for most players a pedal is a great,simple,easy way to go.
-GtrGeorge

yeah for me i just wanna use the midi out of the head to switch 3 patches to go with each channel. maybe a simple quadraverb....