Killswitch Engage Module ?? What do I buy?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scatterbrain

Reaction score
Sorry for the lame Subject Just bought a Randall Mod amp and want to know what mod is good for a killswitch engage sound. If this was covered before I am sorry.

Thanks,

New Randall owner, Scatterbrain

Well I know they used mesa triple recs so I would try a treadplate or ultra xl....also adam used hughes and kettner trilogy but I would think that was for clean. But I'm not sure. Hope this helps

One of the uber gain mods from one of the wonderful modders would probably fit the bill, too.. I dont listen to much Killswitch Engage, but maybe a Salvation 1666 or Angel or even the Custom 3, maybe? I'm sure if you contact Pete from Gigmods, Anthony from Salvation, or Kyle from Jaded Faith, you can talk to them about voicing a module for you around the Killswitch sound. That's the beauty of the MTS system, and with having a group of talented modders doing some incredible work for us

Thanks for the response! I like the Rose of Sharyn sound and My Curse sound... so that's what I"m looking for. Salvation Mod's Look pretty good so far as the sound. Is their anyone in the states that get close to that sound like salvation? That Mamba sounds amazing! I think Adam from killswitch played thru Hughs and Kett Triamps and Framus Cobras...I could be wrong though. All the same thank all of you that responded you have helped a newbie! :D

rhequiem said:
One of the uber gain mods from one of the wonderful modders would probably fit the bill, too.. I dont listen to much Killswitch Engage, but maybe a Salvation 1666 or Angel or even the Custom 3, maybe? I'm sure if you contact Pete from Gigmods, Anthony from Salvation, or Kyle from Jaded Faith, you can talk to them about voicing a module for you around the Killswitch sound. That's the beauty of the MTS system, and with having a group of talented modders doing some incredible work for us

nononono

I'm not Jaded Faith. That's Rob. I am simply a hobbyist who made his site and did a few clips for him. ;)

Rob is much more knowledgeable than I am and I recommend him 100%.

Doh, total brain fart there. I know you're not Rob, Kyle! I think I was just typing so quickly that I wasn't thinking. I've actually exchanged a few emails with Rob, so I know who is behind the Jaded Faith mods ;)

I don't recall Killswitch ever using Triple Recs . . .

One amp that is consistenet over the years (album-wise) is the 5150. That amp alone will get you some great tones off the ODR and TEOH albums. Find a module close to the 5150 and you'll be in the ballpark for certain.

Salvation's Mamba is 100% what you seek
Don't worry about him not being in the states, his turnaround is so fast there's virtually no difference