Mamba Special Gold Edition

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
This is my 3rd Mamba
I've loved them all, but this is one is special! Unique Gold faceplate, 3way Tight and DIFF switch are added to the usual gluttony of features

Kill: adds OD bite and gain
3way Tight: I love my Tight options....I go loose with lo/mid gains and get super tight with high gain
Notch: the mid scoop side sounds cool on your own, but by the time you join into a band setting (stage/studio) the more mids tone is always the way to go...or is it? Read on...

Punch
: This was an added feature, somewhat similar to the mid edge on my Angel. On the Angel, I love using it for Lead tones, it has a great effect. problem is, the Mamba I LOVE for rhythms, but always chose another for lead tones...all that sizzle and chainsaw that I love for Rhythms sort of is the opposite of what I seek in Lead tones. The punch feature I didn't use much before....I've heard others use it with success, but I never could jive. I prefered more articulate modules for my lead tones...until....

DIFF: this changes everything!!! 2way switch, on one side it is Mamba as usual. Flip to the right and it gives what appears to me a bunch of mids- Marshally? IDK, but the whole tone gets huge. Suddenly the mid notch switch when used with this side really sounds killer, the Punch is fanatastic to compliment the huge low mids. I seem to use eq settings I would never use before. This switch truly gives a whole new sound to the module, if before it was a Recto on steriods, this DIFF makes it a Marshall from hell. Killer Killer over the top ultra800 style tones. I actually LOVE this module on leads now.

I think there was only 10 of these SE made (3 gold), but perhaps if there is a demand, who knows? This is a module that keeps me awake at night, half asleep/awake hypnotized by dreams of knob twisting and axe jamming.

I'll have some clips at some point...

Agreed, the diff mode turns the mamba into a totally different module. The regular mode sounds too thin when trying to switch back to it. The mamba is my secret weapon to get a huge sound from a mere stratocaster.

Yes, DIFF makes Mamba DIFFerent module.
I am adding picture of those xtra Mamba:
Mamba_Gold_SE.jpg

Nice Mamba SE there, I have #2 and love it! The Diff switch is great for different pickups if you have multiples you play.. adds to the already versatile mamba.

How were the 3 gold ones selected? Mine was standard but in the end the standard goes better with my custom LED color I picked. Curious as well on how many of the SE's were bough by members here? Like I said mine was #2 spot.

Im curious to hear it as well...but Ive never had a complaint with the Mamba like alot of the stuff I have read...I find it to be an extremely versatile module and great for lead tones as well as huge rythms..if the switch makes it a more Marshally voice I cannot wait to hear it.....

http://soundcloud.com/crankyrayhanky/mamba-di-test

Ooops, lots of digi-distortion
Tracks recorded Gibson Gothic LP> RM4>Mamba>11Rackv30 mic67 off axis

11R gives a decent recording while songwriting, but lacks the power and ferocity of the amp/cabinet

I moved the Volume around anticipating fluctuations with mid changes, probable overcompensated

All Tracks
settings o'clock
Gain 2:30
Bass 1
Middle Max
Treble Max

Kill Engaged
Tightest setting

1) Notch: less mids
2) Notch More mids
3) Notch less mids, DIFF, Punch
4) Notch more mids, DIFF, Punch

I was lucky enough to get the 1st Mamba LE in April and it has been one of the best gear purchases I have ever made (along with my JF Ultra).

The above review is pretty accurate. Regarding the Diff comments - Marshall from hell etc. Well, if Marshall made a new amp that had this sound they would clear up in the modern hi gain market. It really is that good. Every gig where I have used it (Mamba LE), the guitarists from the other bands are like "where the hell did you get that amp?!". :twisted: