Mic placement vid/clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamner1

Reaction score
I was trying some different microphone placements to see what I thought was best. Let me know which placement you thought was best. Funny part is, the one I thought would be the best is IMO the worst. This should also be a better representation of the JF SL-OD100 (no digital distortion that I can hear).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcmauUoKmRE

audiomidijace said:
For the lead I liked 0" from center, 6" away from grill.
For rhythm I liked 1.5" Right, 1.75" down, 1.5" Away.
Nice sounding module.
Jace

Thank you for the reply. I think your right. Strange there would be a difference from the lead to the rhythm. Maybe has something to do with the effects on the lead. The rhythm just off center sounds huge to me. StrAnge that every time I see a Mic'd cab it is out by the edge of the cone. To me that sounded absolutely fuzzy and horrible.

Great post and well edited to allow for meaningful evaluation! I too liked the lead in the 6" away position and would probably move things around for the rhythm stuff based on what and how I was playing. I will certainly use the distance miking for single note work in the future after this. I always have moved things around until they sound best, but this gave an excellent method to A/B them in real time. Thank you sir!

Glad to be able to contribute. I have to give props to Mike P for giving some suggestions on my original SL-OD100 Vid. After listening to the original and this one, I really need to take the first one down. It does such a disservice to this mod. Still loving it Rob.