MICROPHONIC FEEDBACK PLEASE HELP

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Recently i noticed an odd noise coming from my rm100 combo. The noise was like a high pitched feedback and hum, and when i tapped on the amp it only gets worse causing massive vibrations and unpleaseant noises.

This just started about a month ago, and since then i have installed new tubes and i thought it was fixed, but i found out today that the problem still exsists.

I was thinking about buying tube dampers, but if there is a bigger issue at and its only going to remedy the problem half way.

Should I A) get the amp looked at. B) get dampers and if so what is the best kind for a reasonable price. or C) all of the above,. Or D) sell the amp cuz its pissing me off.

That problem is intrinsic to combos - because the speakers are in the same box as the amp, it vibrates the entire thing more. *any* combo is going to do that, to some degree. Tube dampeners may help, and some tubes are less subject to microphonics than others.

Pete

Do you recomend a certain kind of dampner. I have looked on tubedepot.com and they want 50 bucks for a pair and on ebay i have found them for 20 bucks for about 8. The cheap ones are made of silicone and the more expensive ones are teflon in a titanum ring. Which is going to be the best for my buck?

Also taking into account my tubes hang upside down, will the teflons slid of from vibration, whereas the silicone is more like a rubberband and less likely to slip. Could i buy 2 sets of the silicone and dampen even more or does that matter at all?

Thanks again for your replies.