Module for a KillSwitch Engage tone?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebigpolarbear

Reaction score
I have the sl+. Wont get the gain or sound. SO im trying to trade it.

Offers
----------
-Ultra Lead

-Rectified (It's a black-label rectified. has the full Grail mods:
C3 to .05; R1-R3 to 150Kohm 1/2 watts.
Two new tubes: Electro Harmonix 12AX7EH and JJ ECC83S)

Im not a genious when it comes to mods and stuff but anyways i need something like KsE's tone where you get get those p.h.'s out like nothing! Idk if the rectified has the same sound as the treadplate or what. Help?

i tried to trade you my grail module but you wouldn't have it, that and an od outfront and you got their tone pretty much nailed, at least their rectifier tone anyway. they use lots of gain, i'm sure the sl+ with a boost would do it too

If you passed up a Grail for that tone, then it's your loss !!
If you REALLY want their tone, then leave Randall, coz they DON'T use Randall EVER !! They're Framus boys (also GREAT amps), but you'll find much, much more flexibility, and tones with Randall.
If you're sticking with us, then get yourself a Grail (+ boost pedal) or Ultra XL or KH-3, and you'll nail or pass their tone by miles !!
The later DON'T need boost pedals, they're EVIL enough !!

agreeeeeeeed, i think they use hk switchblades as well, on the grail is it me or does this module need a decent amount of presence like 3 -4 o clock? seems like if i jack the presence up and roll the high 's back to like 1 o clock on the module it sounds better and isn't so fizzy but i never run any other modules this way , i like to keep the presence around 1 - 2 o clock so it doesn't get ratty

I may be crazy here, but I love Killswitch and I think the SL+ slightly boosted, combined with the right guitar, strings, and attitude should get you in the ballpark....it's been awhile since I had my SL+ stock though (the Pete modded one clears it up and gains it up but it is essentially the same platform)

I find the other elements- such as strings and attitude- to be very important in getting the tone after that hi gain level is achieved...what do they use for axes anyway? A phat Gibson should do it (or Epiphone)

You have to use EMG pickups and tune to drop C otherwise you'll never get close. I have a Washburn Idol (WI66 Pro ET import) with EMG's and I can get in the ball park with pretty much any of my modules. I think my 1086 get closest. My partially Grail modded Recto was close too but with the mahogany bodied guitar it's too dark for KSE.

I would agree that Grail, Ultra XL, or KH3 (Modern?) would be the way to go, in that order. The pedal is optional but that's what they use. They use it more as EQ than for distortion. They definitely have that Framus sound and I like it.