Mr Scary Mod Shoot out

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetheslave

Reaction score
Hey guys,
It was the first rainy day here for about 6 months so I thought I'd muck around with my new iMac and Garageband.
I have 3 different Mr Scary modules ,A stock Randall Mr Scary ,a Dave Friedman HBE I got in a Trade and my beloved Jaded Faith Mr Scary.
I'm not sure if the HBE is trying to capture the Scary sound but because its a Modded Scary I thought I'd put it in the mix.
The stock scary is position 1
The HBE is in the middle
The Jaded Faith Scary is on the end
All settings start at noon except for the volume which was about 10 o clock but the JF was lower cos it seems to have much more volume.
I only did three gain settings in the vid (noon,3 o'clock and Flat out)
I'm only a beginner with computer recording and Mic placement so go easy.
I used my PRS Custom 24 with 57/08 pickups and nothing else no effects either.

http://youtu.be/C20LOeIQhKM

Cool thanks for posting!! I still love the stock Scary and use it all the time. Not sure the HBE has the same flavor as the other two...

Interesting, maybe my speakers are ***** on this laptop but i felt the stock scary was the most different and the HBE and JF Scary were more similar. I could go either way HBE or JF Scary. Where was your presence set and what speakers?

My presence and density were all 12 o clock and the master volume was at 9 o clock. I'm not sure of the speakers it's an old cab I picked up for $150 It does say celestions but probably the cheapest ones like Rocket 50's.
The JF is my favorite it just has more to it but I do like the stock Scary when it's up loud.
The HBE isn't bad but not really my thing. Might sell it soon if I don't get on with it in the next few sessions.

I thought you sounded best with the HBE.
I myself tried and passed on the HBE module.
Too much bite and squeel but not enough chunk.
It sounded great here though.