MW1

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
I just ordered the MW1...this is going to rule hooking up several mts mods at the same time!

I played a lot tonight and wow, this MW kills! There are several key applications for this unit, but one feature is the input attenuator and boost- it allows you to dial in just the right amount of level before heading into your amp(s)- it makes bedroom quiet levels sound like a screaming concert level of saturation- seriously, the pinch harmoincs are not only effortless, they fly off the fretboard!

Any guitarist with 2 amps and a DAW needs this device

crankyrayhanky said:
I played a lot tonight and wow, this MW kills! There are several key applications for this unit, but one feature is the input attenuator and boost- it allows you to dial in just the right amount of level before heading into your amp(s)- it makes bedroom quiet levels sound like a screaming concert level of saturation- seriously, the pinch harmoincs are not only effortless, they fly off the fretboard!

Any guitarist with 2 amps and a DAW needs this device

So tell me how its working out since you've had it for 3 months now.

Thanks,
Jimmie

Totally love it- it has become an indespensable part of my rig.

The features and applications are endless. Check out the MW site: playing several amps, seperate di, reamp, ground loop switches that are actually very effective, and best of all- the boost and attenuation controls.

I haven't reamped as much as I thought I would to this point, but I will in the future...regardless the multi-amp + attenuators/gain boost kick serious ***. Even if I used one amp for a live show with no need for a DI, I still may bring this along because I love how it drives the amp.

By comparison, I have experience with other units.... this one is clearly a cut above

crankyrayhanky said:
Totally love it- it has become an indespensable part of my rig.

The features and applications are endless. Check out the MW site: playing several amps, seperate di, reamp, ground loop switches that are actually very effective, and best of all- the boost and attenuation controls.

I haven't reamped as much as I thought I would to this point, but I will in the future...regardless the multi-amp + attenuators/gain boost kick serious ***. Even if I used one amp for a live show with no need for a DI, I still may bring this along because I love how it drives the amp.

By comparison, I have experience with other units.... this one is clearly a cut above

Thanks for the reaffirmation Ray. I have two RM100's, one Gmajor, one Decimator ProG, do you have separate effects processors for each head? I'm 99% sure that this is the route to take to run both heads simultaneously.

Jimmie

kylendm said:
It seems awesome but a bit pricey for me. :?

For me, I think it offers a cost effective solution in recording AND a dual head rig to play out on. Everything is expensive these days, two hours practice a day pushes my electric bill from $120 into the mid $200 per month range. :evil:

Thanks for the reaffirmation Ray. I have two RM100's, one Gmajor, one Decimator ProG, do you have separate effects processors for each head? I'm 99% sure that this is the route to take to run both heads simultaneously.

These days I do not run fx....I have a phaser, octave, and wah that work well before the input, and I prefer not to run the extra cables or setup up midipedal boards for time based fx

But, if I did, I may want to go for a wet/dry set up.

Overall the MW can run 2amps live, but there may be better options in terms of flexibiulity fore live applications. Buty for tone upgrade and studio flexibility, it is great

Good Luck!

crankyrayhanky said:
These days I do not run fx....I have a phaser, octave, and wah that work well before the input, and I prefer not to run the extra cables or setup up midipedal boards for time based fx

But, if I did, I may want to go for a wet/dry set up.

Overall the MW can run 2amps live, but there may be better options in terms of flexibiulity fore live applications. Buty for tone upgrade and studio flexibility, it is great

Good Luck!

Thanks Ray, I am hoping to get that wet/dry thang nailed down to.

This link was pretty informative:

http://mixonline.com/gear/reviews/audio_creation_audio_labs/

Jimmie