My JUICY rig

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazyhick2

Reaction score
This is just another 'My RIG' post, but you may get some ideas off of it. All my guitars have EMG's in them so this might not be so helpfull to passive pickup guys. It starts of with the RM100 with 2 groove tube el34's for the American punch, and 2 mullard el34's for the Brittish bite all biased at 38. I run a MXR 10 band EQ with just one of the faders moved -6 on the 500hz frequency to give it a little more warmth and clarity. I set my presence up around 2:30 for more pick attack and my density at 8:30 just for a tad more chunk after my preamps. Of course the effects is all the way up. I have the blackface, plexi, and 2 XTC modules. Don't really use the Plexi unless I'm playing covers. I play hard rock/metal stuff. I also use the Rocktron Xpression for effects and also a Dunlop 535q wah. Here are the settings for the modules and the effects used on each.

Blackface-Gain 8:30 Bass 11:00, Mid 1:00, Treble 2:30, Level Max
Effects- Medium Chorus, Mild Reverb, Medium Delay

XTC RTHM- Gain Max, Bass Max, Mid 9:30, Treble 1:30, Level 10:30
Effects-None

XTC Lead- Gain Max, Bass Max, Mid 11:30, Treble 2:00, Level 11:00
Effects-Mild Reverb, Medium Delay

This pretty much gives you the that Chimey yet warm clean sound and that JUICY distortion with the pick attack to go with it. :)